View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #8
Bingle

Bingle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by colabottles View Post
I saw some messages on this forum regarding high school transcripts making them ineligible for nuke, so that could be why I've never heard about nukes thus far. I had a rocky year sophomore year, but my GPA is about a 3.1 so it's not stellar but not awful either.

Well my recruiter said if I go to MEPS and the classifier tells me there is only, for example, BM, AD, and CS, I should take one and then he will get it switched to AV before my ship date. But I've also seen conflicting reports about this, with some getting stuck with rates they didn't want. With 6 1/2 months before I'm even eligible to go to boot camp, would this be a likely problem?
I actually tried to switch to ET/SS. Mostly because a friend wanted me to, he it a ET/SS. Didn't work out, now may have not been open, or could have been my recruiter....not really sure. I know a few people who did switch while I was in DEP though. I would only take the job if it is something you wouldn't mind doing if you weren't able to switch, say a second choice or something along those lines. Your recruiter might be able to get it changed for you, but I doubt you want to be locked in doing something you don't like for two years if he/she can't.

In the end it's up to you, I've seen it work out good, I've seen it work out bad. I was in dep for around 7 months.
Bingle is offline   Reply With Quote