View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #9
Direland

Direland is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureHM View Post
He was talking about classing up for A-School, not P-days. P-days will never be 5 months at basic... that's just common sense...

I too have a couple of questions:
1. When did you take your first PT test? Did you pass, and if so was it difficult since P-days could've jacked you up a bit.
2. How much sleep did you get a night?
3. Was there anything you were nervous about before going in and when it finally happened at basic, it actually wasn't as bad as you thought?

Thank you
1) It was the first week of actual training. You may be out on hold and do no physical activity. So make sure your run time is pretty good before hand. I sat around in P-Hold for almost two weeks, and still ran 11:30 on the first.
2) Sleep depends, on a lot of different things. For me I worked out after taps almost every night so I got less than everyone else. For the most part you will be in bed by 10 every night. And you wake up 8 hours after your taps time for the most part. Your RDC may have you do things after taps. So that could cut into sleep time.
3) Everyone is nervous, some people question why they are there. Especially with all the down time during P-Days. But for the most part, I expected yelling and some PT. It's not bad at all. I wouldn't worry too much.
Direland is offline   Reply With Quote