View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 11:49 AM   #3
CityCop

CityCop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbazu View Post
I can’t give you a 100% definitive answer to this because it depends on so much. But I can give you an expert opinion... The AD rate technically doesn’t require an A-school (for SELRES). So, I’d say you were fortunate that your command allowed an A-school instead of sending you straight home out of boot. They usually send reservist to a-school because they DO want you to know your rate. But when it comes to C-school, my bet would be that they don’t want to spend that money. Depending on which C-School you want and the length of it it is possible that you can get orders for it next year. But that depends on a host of other things including your hard and/or soft billet, whether the money pot is full, etc.
Like I said, this isn’t a definitive answer. There are simply too many variables. But if I were a betting man I’d say, “No.”
Thanks for the reply! The truth is I don't want to go to a C School, not right now at least. I have some stuff going on at home and I'm trying to get through my initial training as soon as I can. Although I really like it here in Pensacola, family comes first. Plus I'm losing more money than I planned being away from work this long. I'm sure if I make it known with my command that I don't want to attend C School they're probably not going to force me to right?
CityCop is offline   Reply With Quote