View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 08:11 PM   #4
FlyNavy
**Active Duty**

FlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond reputeFlyNavy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcoathena View Post
I'm worried too. AC requires a clearance (I was going for IT but my family is foreign so they didn't give me Top Secret) and in my NASIS it says my birthplace is Miami, even though I was born in Israel (a mistake bc my city wasn't on the list) I'm hoping they'l give it to me since it says in the notes about the mistake...
You need to speak with your investigator about that ASAP. To us security folks, it's gonna come out eventually that you weren't born in the US, and to find out that it was Israel could cause big problems (they spy on us pretty aggressively).

You either need to correct your NASIS (aka your SF87) or discuss what happened with your investigator. That could derail your clearance and getting denied a clearance once you've applied will make it significantly more difficult in the future.

/r
CTT1

**EDIT**
Didn't see that last bit about you getting it to them in the notes. Good on you for getting that corrected; things can be worked with when you're upfront and honest!

Last edited by FlyNavy; 05-24-2017 at 08:58 PM.
FlyNavy is offline   Reply With Quote