View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 11:22 PM   #1
NavySoriano

NavySoriano is on a distinguished road
Default SEAMAN PACT to GM - 1 point waiver help!

Hello everyone! My names Michael Soriano I depped in the Navy on 10/24/14 and Im very happy to be joining the Navy armed forces. I joined as Undesignated Sailor because at the time at meps i was not offered any jobs I was interested in. I got a 64 on my asvab however I was disqualified from HM and MA because of a minor alcohol consumption i got when I was 17, so my recruiter told me about the Seaman Pact. I leave for basic in January and have taken a look at the jobs the Seaman pact can strike for and now I really want to be a Gunners mate. Of all the jobs on the list its the one I really want to do and have set my mind on it, however today at my mentorship meeting I found out I am one point away on my line score for being qualified. I scored a 203 and need a 204, my question is am I totally screwed and cant be a gunners mate? I heard about the 1 point waiver but what are my chances of it getting approved? is there a wait period for that kind of waiver even if I am going to bootcamp in January already? I'll work really hard in bootcamp and as an undesignated sailor doing whatever it takes if I can still possibly strike for gunners mate, will I have to just tell my career counselor that? I have done all my research on the rate and I decided if i cant be a HM or MA then I really want to be a GM. Any Insight would really help thank you! and have a happy thanksgiving everyone.
NavySoriano is offline   Reply With Quote