View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 08:51 AM   #181
SanDiego

SanDiego is a jewel in the rough

Hey Haasino, I swore in this past September at the age of 26 and will turn 27 in boot camp this coming May. I was wondering if it is realistic to put on E-6 by the time my first enlistment is done? I'll be 32 and would like to make E-7 some time after I re-enlist. I am roughly 50 credits away from completing a degree in mathematics so I'm not ruling out the possibly of OCS before the age cut-off of 35, however, with all that being up in the air I was just curious if at least making Chief before I am 35 is do-able.

Also, my contract is AIRC but I was curious on the possibility of cross-rating to AIRR before 30. By the time I finish my pipeline I'll be 28-29 so I understand that idea might be a long shot. What about trying to go AIRR when I am up for re-enlistment at the ripe age of 32 (considering the age cut off for AIRR is 30)? Have you seen it done? I would love the opportunity to earn a surface warfare pin and go through the "shellback" experience although I prefer being on a ship as an airmen over a seamen any day haha.

I know these maybe questions that are hard to answer because of the transition AIRC is currently going through but any insight would be awesome. Thanks again.
SanDiego is offline   Reply With Quote