Thread: RTC Uniforms
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 10:59 PM   #13
BubbaGumps64

BubbaGumps64 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auridan View Post
Yes. I don't know why people worry so much about what things cost at boot. The initial clothing allowance is calculated to cover your whole seabag, so it's effectively like they give it to you for free: They give you the money to buy it, then they take the money and give you the items. It's all just numbers in DFAS.

No, you're not going to be able to use superglue on your feet at RTC. You can try wearing two pair of socks, but do so knowing that you will suffer if you're caught. If you're still getting blisters by the time you hit A school, you're doing something wrong, and you probably just need to let your feet toughen up rather than pampering them.
The best way to prevent blisters is to tie your boots TIGHT. As much as it may be painful for the first week or so you won't get blisters. Trust me, that's what I did.

Don't double up on socks either. If it get's that bad go to medical. You'll get a tennis shoe chit.

I personally didn't go to medical for that.

If they're tied tight it doesn't allow for your feet to move around in the boot which is what causes blisters.
BubbaGumps64 is offline   Reply With Quote