View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #2
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

The bathrooms are designed the same way for both male and female divisions... one push might have a male division in a compartment, and the next push might be female. The showers are open-bay, two circular towers with ~6-8 shower heads on each one... a division of 90 recruits will have 45min to "hygiene". This includes everyone showered, dressed, and the compartment and bathroom clean and dry. How that's accomplished is somewhat up to the recruit leadership, but generally it breaks down to about 5min max in the bathroom... that's undressing, showering, drying, and redressing... then you help clean the compartment while the other groups rotate through. In my division, this usually meant one person under the water, while another stood behind and scrubbed themselves... then rotate.

There are stalls in the bathrooms... there will also be empty space occupied by urinals... as I said, it's a unisex compartment. The stalls have walls on each side, and a curtain in place of a door. While you're not prohibited from using the curtain for a bit of privacy, they do have to be cleaned after each use... in my division, we were instructed not to use them and leave them rolled up and hung to the side. It'll be weird and uncomfortable at first, but you will get used to it. I read ahead in my study guide so I could skip the classroom lessons and use the locking stall in the bathroom upstairs... but after a week or so, you just get comfortable enough that you stop caring.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote