View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #7
Angst

Angst is on a distinguished road

I had a seabee chief. He got pissed at one kid for asking too many questions, and threw one of the tables across the compartment, breaking one of it's legs. It never got replaced but we propped that bitch up the best we could, and FQA never caught it. Right before graduation, chief started a speech, and leaned against the same table, as the division collectively gasped. The table collapsed before he actually sat down on it.

He shot straight up and bellowed "which one of you mother****ers broke my goddamn table?" and then five ridiculously long seconds later with dead silence from the division standing by to get beat as we always did when chief got pissed, smiled, and then started laughing uncontrollably.

It was the first and only time he ever did as much as smile. When he finished, he simply said "oh yeah, I did", and then started laughing again as he walked out of the compartment. We heard him laughing the entire time he walked down the p-way while we nervously glanced at each other standing on the toe line at attention waiting for him to come back. He never did.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote