View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
Nasant

Nasant is on a distinguished road
Default A Few Questions About The Pipeline

So, to start off, my DEP experience is coming to an end.. My ship date is 20131217 (I've been told to expect to possibly leave a little sooner than that by my recruiter(s) because of the December date, but who knows for sure)...

I have a few questions for those who are currently in the pipeline/have gone through the pipeline for the nuclear field. They are just a slightly random collection of questions I have come up with that I would like some input on from those that have more recent knowledge (as most threads/webpages I come across seem to be a bit dated)

1. MM/EM/ET. What was your preference given and what did you end up with? Are you happy with the rate?

2. What is the housing situation like in A school / NPS? - Also for Prototype in NY? (though who knows if that will still be an option by the time I hit that point)

3. For those that went MM, what was the selection process for ELT?

4. Surface / Sub (again, I know this is a preference one, but I would like to know your opinions)

5. Is it best to keep your head down while at RTC? (I've read/heard the stories/pre(mis?)conceptions about nukes and how they may be looked upon while at Great Lakes)

6. Any regrets? (Kind of broad, I know)

-- That's all I can think of now. I'd appreciate anyone's input on any/all of the questions. Thanks a lot, and I hope to see you current deppers in the pipeline soon!

- Nicholas Santistevan
Nasant is offline   Reply With Quote