View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #9
AyeeYoAP

AyeeYoAP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmosu View Post
Really!?!? I was under the impression(from things I've read on the internet) that you could expect to get beat 2 or 3 times a day and it might be as long as 45 minutes. My whole concern w/joining the Navy was how much IT we did in addition to PT. I was just worried that if I joined, how I was going to make it if I had to do mountain climbers, 8-count bodybuilders & jumping jacks for an additional 2 or 3 hours a day.
How much you get beat depends on the RDCs. It all up to them. This is just based on my bootcamp experience. Most people I talk to, their division got beat way more than mine did.

You shouldn't worry anyway though. If you're already in some type of shape, regular PT is a walk in the park to be honest with you.

Bootcamp isn't as intense as you think it is. Besides your live fire, firefighting, etc., all it is is... A lot of folding. A lot of cleaning. Some academic classes. Drill practice. 1 hour of organized PT. Chow. Sleep. And the occasional IT session (again depending on your RDCs).

Super easy.

And they stopped doing 8-counts a little before I got to bootcamp. When I went they were doing 10-counts.
AyeeYoAP is offline   Reply With Quote