View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
bronxCTM

bronxCTM is on a distinguished road

Well I just got membership at a local gym with a swimming pool in it a few weeks ago and I definitely notice some improvements. I've been running/swimming everyday I go along with whatever workout I've been doing in the gym.

I start out my workout days with a jog from the gym down the street to this specific sign and back. I want to say its like a mile and a quarter, not sure exactly. It's been taking me a little over 8 minutes to do the trek most of the time (I would be pretty winded after getting to the stop sign and would rest for 30-40 seconds lol--I guess maybe because its a lot of hills and its pretty early in the morning when I go). Today I noticed it was tremendously easier....30 seconds easier to be exact. And those runs were really just my warmup runs. Only have been on two "longer" runs since I've been there--one maybe 2.5 miles (yesterday), and one 3.5 miles (2 weeks ago).

But I did track last year in HS (only year also) and I remember my first "warmup 2 miles." I didn't think I could do it but it was pretty easy actually--of course at a pretty slow 8:15 pace or so. The human body can run/go pretty far, farther than any animal actually. I would say run the 2 miles right away, don't build up for it--just go faster each time for it or try to.

Since the gym is 30 minutes away I would only go 3-4 days a week so one of my days would be a dedicated leg and core workout day and on my last day (a friday usually) of the week I will try to hit everything.
bronxCTM is offline   Reply With Quote