Thread: Pay
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 09:01 PM   #11
sweetmtn

sweetmtn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwood View Post
I see a lot of ya'll going to navy fed? I have BOA and i dont have any complaints with them. I have a fiancé and we "share" our earnings so we have a joint account. But what do ya'll mean when we dont get paid as fast? Is it like 1-2 days later or like a week later? I want to keep the BOA so that she has money to pay bills (hers and mine) while im away.
You can have your auto deposit in any bank you wish, just make sure you have the forms if not a military bank. As far as when you will get paid, it really does depend on WHEN you arrive at boot..if you arrive more towards the end of a pay period, like lets say Nov 8th..it is VERY likely you will NOT get a pay check on the 15th..you will get one at the end of the month..HOWEVER sometimes it takes a few pay periods to catch up to regular amounts. Your first payceck will not be a full check, as they will take out everything you needed that were issued to you when you arrived...ALWAYS have enough on your bank account at home to cover all expenses for at least 2 to 3 months if you can! Like cell phone if you dont turn it off, car payments, credit card payments and the like.

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson
sweetmtn is offline   Reply With Quote