View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #14
Cmann318

Cmann318 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINO View Post
Sorrying for the barrage of questions! lol, heres my last one I promise.
What was the process for who was picked for leadership roles? And how many times did fire until they stuck with the graduating one?
I wad the Master At Arms for my division and I held the position the whole time. Basically my RDCs just asked people who wanted certain positions and they tried em out. Everyone kept their positions throughout with the exception of RPOC and AROC. We went through 3 of each before we stuck to one. They were set by week 2 or 3 of training though. If you're looking to get promoted I would suggest starboard or port watch. It's the hardest job to hold down and they will IT the crap out of you if they deck log is messed up, even if its not your fault. Both watches got promoted in my division though. Head crew and laundry POs are a good way to to get advanced too. The RDCs really take care of you cause you have to deal with dirty heads and dirty laundry everyday. Some people will tell you not to volunteer for anything at bootcamp and try not to stand out but if you want a leadership role then I say go for it and don't let it go. It has it perk for sure. Ask as many questions as you want also cause I don't mind answering any of them for ya.
Cmann318 is offline   Reply With Quote