View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #12
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureSailor24 View Post
Before I went through MEPS and since then I have had problems with getting my recruiter and the docs at MEPS seemed to have a hard time with taping me accurately. Is the way that they tape you and measure your BMI more accurate? I've heard that your BMI ends up being alot lower once they actually measure you at boot camp during p days.
The biggest issue with BMI is that it's largely interpretive based on who tapes you... if they want you to pass, they can stay loose on your neck measurement and cinch it up on your waist. You don't want to be close to max BMI for this reason. The reason MEPS is usually harder and RTC is generally more lenient is because MEPS just sends you home and tells you to come back... RTC has to put you in a special division and continue to pay/feed you while you lose the weight... they'd rather just push you through if you're close.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote