View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
navy123456

navy123456 is on a distinguished road

Okay so good questions and I think Haasino responded along the same lines as I would. My first PFA was midweek of my first week after pdays. It is indoors in freedom hall. The staff that runs the PFA is different from your RDCs. The first PFA is merely a baseline, have no fear but try your very best. Running indoors is quite different so it doesnt hurt to find an indoor track or run on a treadmill a few times. Different air.

PT is regulated according to a boot they have. It starts very basic and works its way up gradually throughout bootcamp. It may seem easy or hard in the beginning depending on how good of shape you arrive in. Either way my PT was a mix between some days running and some days doing "inhouse" pt. Which consisted of all of my division together doing push ups, sit ups, planks, flutter kicks etc...Its hot and a quick intense workout. The running was either a sustained run or interval running (sprint half a lap, jog half, spring 3/4 lap, jog 1/4). Ours was split into running groups according to speed. Personal accountability is huge for these workouts, you will only get better the harder YOU push yourself. Just something to keep in mind! I enjoyed PT.

We ran outside only a few times, mostly for the sustained runs. Which are just running at a consistent speed for 10,20 minutes. They build you up for these though.

We had a large number of undesignated sailors in my divison and they were not able to pick a rate while in bootcamp. They were able to use a list provided at classifications and request a region of the world (overseas v. not) or types of duty. Not sure how much they actually take that into consideration but at least its asked.

Peanutbutter round 2 is completely seasonal/RTC sickness based. I promise. You wont know until 5-2 day. You will get other shots on that day, this is true.
navy123456 is offline   Reply With Quote