Thread: Graduated 4/12
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
depsailorgroff

depsailorgroff is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeym718 View Post
Hey for those looking for advice from multiple people here is my point of view. Boot camp is easy especially if you're in decent shape. I went there able to do maybe 40-45 push ups 80-100 sit ups and my run sucked. My first PFA I failed my run with a 14:30 and I needed 13:30. I was NEVER a runner. By my 2nd PFA I ran 12:57 because I learned that running is all mental and by my 3rd PFA I ran 12:36. I can do 90-100 Push ups and about the same in sit ups because the sit ups never challenged me and I didn't care to better them. The push ups didn't challenge me, but I challenged myself and I was able to benefit from it. Like others have said boot camp is easy just keep military barring and attention to detail and you will do fine. The one thing people don't mention which makes me think that it may be unique to me is that the only hard thing about bootcamp is the time at least in my opinion. I seriously felt like I was in jail for 2 months and 2 months felt like a LONG time to me. Being away for that long disconnected from family and the world takes its tow on you. At least it did for me. I wasn't expecting 2 months to be that long, but it was the longest time of my life. I'm still here in Great Lakes as I am an ET through AECF. Good luck to you all and just follow the advice that others have told you. Also don't stand up at the moment of truth. If you lied to get in then you might as well keep going with it and do not go to medical unless you really need medical attention as in life or death. We had a guy medically discharged 3 days before battlestations and he could've passed everything even with a messed up knee. Just listen to our advice and your RDC's and you will do fine.
Thanks for the advice, I am glad you made it through with no problems. Congratulations to you! Best of luck to you!
depsailorgroff is offline   Reply With Quote