View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #71
cire

cire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliann7 View Post
Pass in review is what they call graduation, and it's really quite the day. I graduated with 1700 other sailors. You stand at attention for a very long time. Don't lock your knees! :P You wear your dress blues. There will be a drill team spinning rifles and there will be musicians playing the drum roll that you march to. You march in as a division, and you march around the drill deck. You all stand side by side, and your division is introduced and awards are handed out. Speeches are made. The drill team (usually members from 900 divisions) perform. You are not officially graduated until you hear 'Liberty call, liberty call!'. That's when they raise the doors to the drill hall and you are free to go see your family. When I graduated, I had 15 minutes to see my family and then I had to go back to my compartment to gather some of my things and then I left again and spent the day with my family, from about 11am to 9pm.
You will wear dress blues in the winter month, but then they switch to dress whites.

holliann7, did you guys get the entire weekend off? I was 900, we got the weekend off but then had to go back for another week of classes before leaving boot camp

Quote:
mack_it_nasty: my boyfriend wouldnt like that gee.
geeMA: the hell? you told me you were single. lol
mack_it_nasty: oh did i...
geeMA: i got trolled
cire is offline   Reply With Quote