View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 07:25 AM   #3
F/S-MARodriguez

F/S-MARodriguez is on a distinguished road

I have to agree that while it is ALL true, a lot isn't realistic. If a sailor needs to be at his command for 1 year before beginning school, it's extremely unrealistic to have a BS or BA done in 3 years while being constantly deployed and taking 1-3 classes per semester. Let's say a sailor like myself (20-21 Y/O) gets an associates degree BEFORE enlisting though a BA/BS is achievable in those 4 years. If all goes well I'll get out of the Navy at 26 with a Bachelors degree and experience in a field directly related to my degree. (Criminal Justice/MA)

Also with #13 many civilian companies give 30 days. I had 30 days vacation the instant I began working with my current company.

However these are pretty menial facts compared to the big picture. You forgot to mention the incredible Credit Union Navy sailors can join, Navy Federal (Opened my account yesterday) and what about the DIRT CHEAP auto insurance with USAA?

Or how about the simple fact that a student who loves college is getting out in 4-8 years no matter what, where as a sailor who loves the Navy can stay as long as he wants?
F/S-MARodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote