View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
Navy_Melone

Navy_Melone is on a distinguished road

I have recently talked to a sailor who made it through bootcamp at the end of June and she said 'Yes' there is coffee. But, it is decaf.

As stated above there is no caffeine for you to get your hands on at boot camp. As soon as i heard this i cut all caffeine from diet and dealt with the headaches now. If you don't know 'Most' not 'All' people that have daily consumption of caffeine will experience very painful headaches around 24-48 hours of not having caffeine in their system. They usually last from a few days to upto two weeks in most cases i have heard.

Boot camp is gonna be stressful enough, for me when i experienced the caffeine withdrawal headache, it was one of the worse headaches i have ever experienced.

But back on topic, also eating is not one of the first things we do. A lot of times there is an early morning PT we do first anyways, so getting the morning cup like you are use to will not happen. I know this because another sailor tipped me to stretch right when i get up because they would sometimes be running 20 minutes after they awoke.

Hope this helps.
Navy_Melone is offline   Reply With Quote