View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
Haasino
**Active Duty**

Haasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond reputeHaasino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuannyR View Post
What is the PQS on? general orders and ranking? Sorry if it's already been said, I'm new here :/
Snipes gave a very good explanation of the tests in this thread; he graduated RTC back in March, so his info should be pretty current.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipes View Post
The tests are pretty easy, in boot camp your going to attend classes every week, and you will be issued a book to study from which you will take everywhere with you and be forced to read it constantly. I want to say the tests are somewhere in the 50 question range, all multiple choice, and you need to score a 3.2 out of 5.0 to pass. I'm not book smart at all (Hooyah HT's lol) and even I scored above a 4.0 on all of them. Just watch out on that first test, it sneaks up on you quick, and people fail it because they didn't realize they actually had to study to get the material.

-First Test:
UCMJ
Dress and Working Uniform Wear
Survival at Sea
First Aid Training
US Navy Ships and Aircraft
Enlisted Rate and Officer Rank Recognition
Uniforms and Grooming

-Second Test:
Conduct During Armed Conflict
Military Customs and Courtesies
Navy Equal Opportunity Program
Basic Seamanship, Part 1 - Nomenclature
Basic Seamanship, Part 2 - Lines, Wire Ropes, Small Boats, and Sound Powered Telephones
US Naval History
Small Arms Familiarization (9mm/ 12 Gauge)

-Third Test:
Antiterrorism/Force Protection
Basic Damage Control
Emergency Breathing Devices
Chemistry and Classes of Fire
Portable and Fixed Fire Extinguishing Systems
General Firefighting Procedures and Fire Party Organization
Conduct and Precautions Ashore

Recruit Training Command "Trainee Guide For Basic Military Training A-950-0001"
United States Navy, Revision A September 2011.
Haasino is offline   Reply With Quote