View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
asailorswife

asailorswife is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Reveille/Retreat: Each day military installations hold reveille and retreat ceremonies. It will be signified by music that is played over loud speakers throughout the base. If you are driving in a car, safely pull over to the right and stop your car while it takes place. Remain in your car after it is stopped. If you are outdoors you must stop walking and stand facing the flag if you can see it, or face the sound of the music, if you cannot see the flag. If all else fails, face the same direction as everyone else. Personnel in uniform will salute the entire time of the ceremony.
This one. This one will get you EVERY time. LOL And let me tell you, I have raised my girls to be respectful. We can hear Colors and Taps from where we live, and those two girls KNOW that if they hear it, and are playing outside, they stop WHATEVER they are doing, put their hand over their heart, and either find a flag, or look towards the ships. The same can't be said for all dependents living on a military base, and if you ask me, it's VERY sad. They are some of the only two that will stop swinging, running around, etc, and will just stand in place. However, if you're on the ship side of this base, life comes to a complete standstill during Colors and Taps.

Sarah

asailorswife is offline   Reply With Quote