Thread: 900 division
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
prop827

prop827 is on a distinguished road

I was a 900 and if you are in an 900, its an extra little bond. When you leave boot camp and people start asking what division you were and you say 900, if they were 900 its like oh I did that too! But it really is a lot of hard work above and beyond regular boot camp. They don't ask much about JROTC or anything, they ask more for instruments or color guard (spinning rifles) than anything. If its for marching, they look hard at military bearing on arrival night and they look to make sure you're qualified (smart enough to learn stuff without extra study time since you get less of it since you're in the drill hall more; can you swim, can you pass your PFA, etc). I don't recommend 900 to anyone, just go with the flow when you're there and see where you fall. I wasn't trying to end up in a 900, I just got selected there cause I met the requirements and had military bearing. 900's is one of those things you don't think about in the moment, but afterwards its a little bit special and you're proud of it. The only reason to desire a 900 is if you want to go to ceremonial guard or USS Constitution after, as they usually start with 900's before they go to "rifle-land" (the regular divisions)
prop827 is offline   Reply With Quote