View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
prop827

prop827 is on a distinguished road

Any number of things can get a recruit rolled back (ASMO'd it's called), but the number one reason for ASMO is discipline and/or not following instructions properly. Rebellious will most definitely get a recruit an ASMO, or failing mandatory evolutions and retests is also an automatic ASMO as I recall. As for medical, MEPS really does a good job, so I wouldn't fret about that, the main medical issues are when they discover something new wrong when you show up, like if you tried to hide asthma or an irregular heartbeat, etc. All that said, I still say that medical is not your friend in boot camp. In my division one guy went to sick call and they separated him because the corpsmen was like, you can't be here in the navy, you're cross-eyed (but MEPS let him through somehow). On the other hand, I know people who were switching between LLD (Light Limited Duty - no PT or marching or physical anything) and SIQ (Sick in Quarters - you can't leave your rack except for head calls) from week 1 or 2 of boot all the way until the day before the final PFA for battle stations and they graduated on time. I don't know how but they did. All and all though, don't stress about it, MEPS is usually pretty good about screening, most ASMO's are by RDC's not medical. And even so, what can you really do? You're going to boot and you're going to go through the pipeline, if medical flags you, they flag you. Don't get worked up about it, just work hard and get through it!!!
prop827 is offline   Reply With Quote