NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   So what exactly do i do at the airport? (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6037)

sgvince22 09-11-2014 07:29 AM

So what exactly do i do at the airport?

Noobest of noob questions. Im shipping out from Yokosuka, Japan. What do i do when i when i get to o'hare airport? Also, can i bring like an ipod for the flight? its a 14~16 hour straight flight if i can remember. If i did bring an old ipod, what will i do with it when i get to RTC?

Haasino 09-11-2014 08:46 AM

You can bring whatever electronics, clothes, or books you want... you'll just have to put it in the box to be shipped home. When you arrive at O'Hare, head to the USO and they'll sign you in and guide you on where to go.

jbair1 09-11-2014 11:08 AM

Sleep if you can and HYDRATE! You need to start hydrating 48 hrs before you leave. You will be sleep deprived the first few Pdays, and proper hydration helps. You need to be especially careful because of your long flight.

sgvince22 09-11-2014 08:07 PM

12 hour flight for me.

CTR3(IW/SG) Freddie 09-11-2014 08:14 PM

My meps is at Montgomery, Al. Does anyone know if I will be flying out of Montgomery, or will I be taking a bus to Atlanta to fly out. My recruiter wasn't really sure himself.

sgvince22 09-12-2014 03:17 AM

another noob question. Can i bring a small bag? like a school backpack? i was going to put a magazine, my ipod, my academic records and such and like those travel size deos. Will this bagpack be included in the box that im gonna ship back?

LT Guppy 09-12-2014 04:08 AM

Yes, you can bring a small bag.
But pay attention to the weight since you'll be paying for shipping.

jzhaun 09-12-2014 06:16 AM

As long as it's something small and flexible you should be good. I remember someone brought an expensive looking rolling suitcase my first night at boot camp. It didn't fit in the box, so it probably got thrown out.

sgvince22 09-13-2014 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jzhaun (Post 48507)
As long as it's something small and flexible you should be good. I remember someone brought an expensive looking rolling suitcase my first night at boot camp. It didn't fit in the box, so it probably got thrown out.

just a small schoolbag. Gonna bring a protein shake and a protein bar haha. Another noob question. Sorry if im just bombarding you guys with questions. Im shipping out in 3 days so im just making sure. As far as the phone call, does RTC provide payphones? Is there wi-fi? Because im shipping out from Japan, and my parents only have mobile. I dont know how to call their mobile from a phone in the states. If there was wi-fi i could just use an app.

LT Guppy 09-13-2014 03:50 AM

You should be able to dial their mobile like any other international number (the country code and then the full number)