NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Chain of command July 2014 (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5774)

Atom_breaker 07-12-2014 07:19 PM

Chain of command July 2014

Can anyone confirm if this is the most current chain of command? I leave in about a week, so imagine it safe to learn if it's current. Also when they ask, are they asking for rank, first name and last name? Or just last name? Any info helps.

President of the United States
The Honorable Barack Obama

Vice President of the United States
The Honorable Joseph Biden

Secretary of Defense (SECDEF)
The Honorable Chuck Hagel

Secretary of Navy (SECNAV)
The Honorable Ray Mabus

Chief of Naval Operations (CNO)
Adm Jonathan Greenert

Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy (MCPON)
MCPON (AW/NAC) Mike Stevens

Chief of Naval Personnel (CNP)
VICE ADMIRAL WILLIAM F. “BILL” MORAN

Force Master Chief of Navy Personnel (CNP)
FORCM (SW/AW/EXW) Leland E. Moore

Naval Education And Training Command Commander
Rear Admiral Michael S. White

-NETC Force Master Chief Petty Officer
FORCM (AW/SW) Jon Port

Naval Service Training Command Commander
Rear Admiral Richard A. Brown, USN

-NSTC Command Master Chief Petty Officer
CMDCM (SW/AW) Leon R. Walker, Jr

Recruit Training Command Commanding Officer
CAPT John Dye

Recruit Training Command Command Master Chief
CMDCM(AW/SW) Matt Laing

Recruit Training Command (XO, RTC) Executive Officer
CDR Kertreck Brooks

The rest of the Chain Of Command would be given upon arrival correct?

mike 07-12-2014 08:11 PM

Rest of the chain of command???? How much do they expect us to memorize and what exactly is the point of this? I mean I imagine you could look it up if you need the info.

jzhaun 07-12-2014 08:13 PM

A little googling tells me that Captain Dye has been replaced by CAPT W. Douglas Pfeifle (source), and I'm not finding anything current to confirm FORCM Moore for the CNP slot - the site mentions FLTCM(AW/SW) April D. Beldo.

This is why you don't want to lodge any names too securely in your head - they change constantly. Some changed while I was in bootcamp. Your RDCs won't ask for their first names, just rank and last name (and of course you better be able to describe all the insignia that goes with the rank).

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike (Post 46222)
Rest of the chain of command???? How much do they expect us to memorize and what exactly is the point of this? I mean I imagine you could look it up if you need the info.

Below this there's the MTD (military training director) +LCPO, Fleet Commander +LCPO, Ship's Commander +LCPO and your RDCs. And yes, you're supposed to know all of it. This is your Chain of Command.

LT Guppy 07-12-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike (Post 46222)

Yes. Throughout your career, starting in bootcamp it is important to know who is above and below you in the chain of command.

You should know their name, rank, and job.

Atom_breaker 07-12-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jzhaun (Post 46223)
. Your RDCs won't ask for their first names, just rank and last name (and of course you better be able to describe all the insignia that goes with the rank).

So how do you pronounce the FORCM, and CMDCM, ETC? Because that's their rank correct? Is that force master chief? And command master chief? It throws me off bc the letters aren't really in order..

jzhaun 07-12-2014 08:34 PM

FLTCM - Fleet Master Chief

FORCM - Force Master Chief

CMDCM - Command Master Chief

The lower ones will just be Master Chief, Senior Chief etc.

LT Guppy 07-12-2014 08:36 PM

Post-bootcamp, FORCM will just be called Force, and CMDCM will be CMC or Master Chief.