NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   PIR guests (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5203)

BonzerAsp 02-15-2014 12:30 AM

PIR guests

Are guests with not so great backgrounds allowed to attend? Like people that have served time in prison for a felony or something like that.

sweetmtn 02-15-2014 10:29 AM

You are only allowed 4 guests, and sometimes it is only 3...so if you passed your security clearance, I would assume your immediate family can come....and yes, they DO check out your family while you are in DEP...but it can depend on your rating, some are much higher than others.

matzo 02-15-2014 11:53 AM

Can there ever be 5 guests?

BonzerAsp 02-15-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetmtn (Post 41233)
You are only allowed 4 guests, and sometimes it is only 3...so if you passed your security clearance, I would assume your immediate family can come....and yes, they DO check out your family while you are in DEP...but it can depend on your rating, some are much higher than others.

What if it's someone that wasn't in that huge packet? The person is not immediate family

BubbaGumps64 02-15-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matzo (Post 41245)
Can there ever be 5 guests?

It depends on how many divisions are graduating that day. If there are 12 or less divisions you are allowed 4 guests. If there are 13 or more divisions you are allowed 3 guests. Check at bootcamp.navy.mil under the family section, there are more details there.

BubbaGumps64 02-15-2014 02:59 PM

I have heard of recruits having more than the allowed guests at PIR. Say for instance one recruit doesn't have anyone that will be attending graduation, they could give away their spots for visitors to another recruit. I'm not exactly sure how this would work out but I do know that it has happened in the past. Maybe it would be something that you should keep in mind but it isn't guaranteed.

13Point1Heiress 02-15-2014 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonzerAsp (Post 41223)
Are guests with not so great backgrounds allowed to attend? Like people that have served time in prison for a felony or something like that.

I'm curious to this answer as well. My guests will be friends not family members. I know we have to give full names of our guests that are coming, do they do background checks on those guests before they attend our graduation?

LT Guppy 02-15-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaGumps64 (Post 41250)
I have heard of recruits having more than the allowed guests at PIR. Say for instance one recruit doesn't have anyone that will be attending graduation, they could give away their spots for visitors to another recruit. I'm not exactly sure how this would work out but I do know that it has happened in the past. Maybe it would be something that you should keep in mind but it isn't guaranteed.

This used to be the case, but they gotten more strict about the guest list recently.

BubbaGumps64 02-15-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy2010 (Post 41267)
This used to be the case, but they gotten more strict about the guest list recently.

Really? Well I guess everyone will have to stick with the amount that they are allowed. This is the website I was talking about earlier that gives detailed information about upcoming graduations and graduation in general

http://www.bootcamp.navy.mil/upcoming_grads.asp

fellawip 02-16-2014 07:02 AM

I know someone who currently works@great lakes. And they said you can still use other people's spots if they have no one coming for them.

LT Guppy 02-16-2014 07:16 AM

The official answer from RTC:

Quote:

As of January 1st, 2013 Recruit Training Command will enforce the following policy:

ALL GUESTS, including Active Duty/Retired Military Personnel and those ages 3 and older must be on the access list. Children 2 and under do not need to be on the access list.

12 or less divisions within the training group: FOUR guest maximum per recruit.

13 or more divisions within the training group: THREE guest maximum per recruit.

Individuals not on the access list will NOT be able to enter the drill hall and we do NOT have a standby list. In addition please plan on arriving at least 1.5 hours before the ceremony, which begins promptly at 9:00 a.m.

sweetmtn 02-16-2014 12:22 PM

Understand if you want just friends and not family to come...in the majority of cases you only get to spend a few hours with them...then you are flown out to your prospective school. Only those that have their A school there at Great Lakes get to spend more time with family and friends. But even then, you cannot spend over night with any of your friends or family. SO ask your friends that want to come..can they afford to spend the hundreds of dollars to fly there and rent a motel and rent a car to see you for only a few hours? If they just want to see you graduate..they can watch it online live..every PIR is now broadcast live via internet.

fellawip 02-16-2014 01:36 PM

Luckily my family is in northwest Indiana so it's just a short drive

shamablama 02-17-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaGumps64 (Post 41250)

I've actually heard that they don't do that anymore, I have a couple of friends who graduated boot camp within the past year and any extra people they had attend had to wait outside during the graduation ceremony. But there is an online live viewing of the graduation ceremony, for anyone who can't physically attend, they can still watch.

fellawip 02-17-2014 01:58 PM

The way it was explained to me(by someone who works@GL) THEY are not actually giving you a spot they are just listing a person on their list for them who happens to be related to you

notjustaUSNwife 02-17-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fellawip (Post 41288)
I know someone who currently works@great lakes. And they said you can still use other people's spots if they have no one coming for them.

Depends on your RDC's. Ours said they wouldn't allow this.

kforbs126 02-17-2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notjustaUSNwife (Post 41380)
Depends on your RDC's. Ours said they wouldn't allow this.

It actually states that if you do this and they catch you, you can lose your privileges and be disciplined.

fellawip 02-17-2014 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kforbs126 (Post 41381)
It actually states that if you do this and they catch you, you can lose your privileges and be disciplined.

Indeed. Prob not worth it!