NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advanced Electronics Computer Field (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   former/current aecf personel (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6407)

mattd2414 01-18-2015 07:21 PM

former/current aecf personel

What was a-school like? What is your nec and what was your c-school like? What is your daily life like as an et/fc? And my last question, my contract says I am fts and I dont fully understand that so if you can please explain it that would be nicebut I read online that fc is not available for fts does that mean I will be an et?

NavyPanther 01-19-2015 12:42 AM

Are you reserves? I thought FTS was a reserve thing

mattd2414 01-19-2015 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyPanther (Post 51396)
Are you reserves? I thought FTS was a reserve thing

they said ill be in reserves on paper but still do active duty work?

kforbs126 01-19-2015 06:59 AM

If your FTS you'll be an ET. FTS ET's have really good advancement and you'll just be active duty with pay coming from the reserve pot. There is plenty of ET information on this site.

mattd2414 01-19-2015 01:25 PM

Ok thankyou

Just4Kixs 03-20-2015 05:33 PM

Are AECF ATT still 9-11 weeks and is FC/ET A-school still 31/42 weeks? That's a long A-school, seems longer than some nuclear guys.

Tavak 03-31-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattd2414 (Post 51391)
What was a-school like? What is your nec and what was your c-school like? What is your daily life like as an et/fc? And my last question, my contract says I am fts and I dont fully understand that so if you can please explain it that would be nice but I read online that fc is not available for fts does that mean I will be an et?

I absolutely loved A school once I started learning how to troubleshoot the actual equipment, even though its outdated in the comms mods. I'm an ET so I only speak on that school. The first 6 weeks is called "non-equips", meaning its just general information you need to know but you wont actually see a Radar or anything. It's computer based training backed with a lecture from an instructor to answer any questions. After that you learn how to troubleshoot comms gear, then radar gear, then you're an ET. The comms and radar mods took about 7 weeks each.

As far as orders go you pick them like 2-4 weeks before you graduate. You'll get a list and you choose in order of your GPA. Your NEC is chosen for you, all you choose in the location you want and the ship. The FCs pick by location, ship, AND NEC but that's because they are usually on hold for a long time after finishing A school so they pick in groups of 80-100. ETs will pick with their class and possibly with the class ahead of or behind yours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just4Kixs (Post 52840)
Are AECF ATT still 9-11 weeks and is FC/ET A-school still 31/42 weeks? That's a long A-school, seems longer than some nuclear guys.

For ETs ATT is 11 weeks and for FCs its 10 weeks. The amount of time your in Great Lakes in total after boot camp in school is about 40 but that's not the A school by itself. The ET A school is 20 weeks long and the FC is 14 or 15 weeks.

I graduated boot camp on June 6th of last year and graduated A school on February 13th of this year. That's almost 40 weeks not including holiday stand down and the first week of indoc.

Navyguy22 07-17-2015 12:34 AM

Can we get update on current AECF NEC orders and a little description of what the work is like. Whether it be ET or FC, I would like to know more current information about this type of work.

Also, what type of skills are transferrable (valuable) in the civilian sector and if offered $$$ can you let us know an idea of salary :)

Teck3 07-17-2015 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Navyguy22 (Post 54995)
Also, what type of skills are transferrable (valuable) in the civilian sector and if offered $$$ can you let us know an idea of salary :)

ET: https://www.cool.navy.mil/usn/enlisted/et.htm
FC: https://www.cool.navy.mil/usn/enlisted/fc.htm

You can find the certifications and related occupations on Navy COOL, with links to information about those job fields (including average education and salaries).

Tmartin 10-28-2015 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kforbs126 (Post 51401)
If your FTS you'll be an ET. FTS ET's have really good advancement and you'll just be active duty with pay coming from the reserve pot. There is plenty of ET information on this site.

Are you absolutely positive that I'll be an ET.? My recruiter is still telling me that I could get either job and I'm not choosy but I'd still like to know.

FlyNavy 10-29-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmartin (Post 56479)
Are you absolutely positive that I'll be an ET.? My recruiter is still telling me that I could get either job and I'm not choosy but I'd still like to know.

Yes. If you're an FTS guy then you're going ET. There aren't any FTS-FC's.
If you want proof, go check out the Community Managers page for Surface CS/Ops: http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-np...s/default.aspx

Under FTS in the Surface Combat Systems section (ETs and FCs are both part of Combat Systems), you'll see the only community is ET-FTS.

/r
CTT1

biruis 11-03-2015 02:27 PM

Nuclear A-school really isn't long. Six months at most. But we have to do powerschool and prototype after which are around 9 and 6 months.

FlyNavy 11-03-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biruis (Post 56494)
Nuclear A-school really isn't long. Six months at most. But we have to do powerschool and prototype after which are around 9 and 6 months.

FTS guys won't be nuke-ET's. Different career tracks.

/r
CTT1