NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Hair in bootcamp (females) (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3310)

AyeeYoAP 11-17-2012 11:49 PM

Hair in bootcamp (females)

Im planning on getting a sew in so I won't have to cut my real hair when I get there. My question is am I allowed to have a part in my hair (center or sideswept) ir does it all have to go straight back?

sweetmtn 11-18-2012 11:01 AM

Not sure what a "sew in" is..but you must have your natural hair when you get to boot....period

Sail_la_Vie 11-18-2012 10:11 PM

I'm also looking into getting a weave for bootcamp. From what I've read you should keep it as natural/simple looking as you can. No bangs. I just found a girl on Instagram who graduated bootcamp a few weeks ago with one, she took it out and her hair is down to her bum. It's def possible!

Sail_la_Vie 11-18-2012 10:12 PM

Oh and it can have a part :) hers was down the center

LT Guppy 11-18-2012 10:48 PM

It also depends on your RDCs. Some will be more understanding. Others will make you take it out. It's really just luck of the draw.

AyeeYoAP 11-20-2012 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sail_la_Vie (Post 23818)
Oh and it can have a part :) hers was down the center

OMG YAY! Bkuz I've had sew ins before and having a part just makes managing my leave out easier lol Thanks :)

AyeeYoAP 11-20-2012 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy2010 (Post 23822)
It also depends on your RDCs. Some will be more understanding. Others will make you take it out. It's really just luck of the draw.

*crosses fingers* I REALLY hope I get lucky! Thanks for the info :)

AVSailor 11-20-2012 12:47 PM

I have heard of a lot of people getting sew ins and weaves. If it stays in and looks natural i dont think they ever ask if its real or not lol. And don't give it a style. Make it as plain as possible.

AnthonyG 11-26-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyeeYoAP (Post 23805)
Im planning on getting a sew in so I won't have to cut my real hair when I get there. My question is am I allowed to have a part in my hair (center or sideswept) ir does it all have to go straight back?

The general rule of thumb is that if your RDC finds out it's a weave, he'll make you take it out and cut your hair. You'll probably catch some flak for it as well. Thankfully this is not Marine boot camp and you'll probably be okay in terms of jostling and getting it pulled around and such, so yeah. I'd just make sure that you realize that you're taking a potentially heavy risk wearing it if they found out.

Dianakit12 11-27-2012 07:24 PM

Most of the girls in my division wanted sew ins or weave but decided against it and went natural during bootcamp. You can get it after bootcamp, which seems easier to me. Plenty of females in THU went out and got sew ins the first week. Almost over half the females here in Pensacola have them to. I think it'd be best to not have them while in boot, but that's just me :)

snfreak1967 11-27-2012 07:35 PM

There was two girls that I can think of that had weaves while in bootcamp. Both of them had there hair cut including their weave. I'm just going to say it wasn't pretty :). Our RDC's just let be, they didn't say a word and for graduation they let all of the girls put a weave in/perm their hair. So yeah it is up up to the individual RDC but most of them don't care as long as your hair isn't in your face.