NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   PACT Seaman (SN) (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   Any (SN) PACT future Sailors shipping out December 2014? (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6013)

FSTRRS 09-04-2014 10:26 PM

Any (SN) PACT future Sailors shipping out December 2014?

How do you guys/gals feel about being undesignated? I mostly hear lots of BS about it but it is mostly coming from people who started off with a rate. I want to make my Navy experience the very BEST out of it. Any positive vibes out there? DEPPERS OR Graduates?

Navy1013 09-05-2014 07:07 AM

I signed for A-PACT, in the same boat as you just avaition side. I ship out in January. I have spoke to a few people that started out undes. They loved it. My Senior Chief at my recruiting station started out S-PACT. He tries to get everyone to go undes. From what I have gathered anything you do in the military rate wise is what you make of it. The good thing about undes, is that you are not set in one job. I wanted MA as a rate but A-PACT got me looking into AO. Im getting excited about learning about what avaition has to offer.

FSTRRS 09-05-2014 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Navy1013 (Post 48276)
I signed for A-PACT, in the same boat as you just avaition side. I ship out in January. I have spoke to a few people that started out undes. They loved it. My Senior Chief at my recruiting station started out S-PACT. He tries to get everyone to go undes. From what I have gathered anything you do in the military rate wise is what you make of it. The good thing about undes, is that you are not set in one job. I wanted MA as a rate but A-PACT got me looking into AO. Im getting excited about learning about what avaition has to offer.

When we sign we know what PACT track we are going to be in?

classified9 09-05-2014 10:21 AM

Kind of cool too because from my understanding you go straight to the fleet after RTC (might spend some time on hold before reporting but nonetheless straight to the fleet.)

I ship 01Oct2014 for CTI so maybe I'll be in the fleet at the beginning of 2016.

Navy1013 09-05-2014 10:36 AM

Yeah right after RTC for A-PACT I have to go to a 3 to 4 week basic training about avaition. I heard it was at Great Lakes and I heard it was in Penscola, FL. Then straight to the fleet.

RicoSuave23 01-16-2021 03:13 AM

PACT Airman

I'm currently a Pact airman, and i have been in the navy for 8 months now. I talked to my CCC and he said i'm eligible to strike in june of 2021, but i'm a E2 as of right now and i believe i become E3 in February. how can i track that to see if i do become E3 in feb.?

:iwojima:

sweetmtn 01-16-2021 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicoSuave23 (Post 62270)
I'm currently a Pact airman, and i have been in the navy for 8 months now. I talked to my CCC and he said i'm eligible to strike in june of 2021, but i'm a E2 as of right now and i believe i become E3 in February. how can i track that to see if i do become E3 in feb.?

Welcome...I hope one of the other active guys will get on here soon to answer your question. I am just a mom, but my son is already out after 2 tours...

BonzerAsp 01-17-2021 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicoSuave23 (Post 62270)

You should be able to look in your personnel information on NSIPS for when you become an E-3. If anything, it'll say when you were advanced to E2, from there just add 9 months.

I wish I could add more, but I seem to have misplaced my CAC card reader for my home computer so I can't login to NSIPS.

If you're unsure of what or where NSIPS is, go to MyNavyPortal then quicklinks then click on NSIPS. Hope that helps