NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   CTT = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN TECHNICAL (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   When will I get orders? (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5238)

Seth_Breen_CTT 02-25-2014 09:03 AM

When will I get orders?

Hey guys, so I am trying to formulate a timeline if everything goes according to plan... which my experience with the military with my dad is, it rarely ever goes according to plan.

So I leave March 19th for RTC. I have estimated my 8 weeks, (really 9 because my recruiter said the first week doesn't really count) and I should tentatively graduate May 16th. After that, my A school is in Pensacola for CTT A school and C school which is roughly 8 weeks (a school) and 7-10 weeks (C school). I was told by my recruiter and my dad that people usually get their orders at the tail end of A school, which estimating again would be near the end of July. Is there anyone that can confirm or deny this?

I know sometimes people can sit in "limbo" waiting for a full group to be formed either for RTC or A school, but I am just trying to get some idea for my wife who is of course staying behind until I am done with my schooling. I would appreciate information from anyone, but it would be greatly helpful to have a fellow CTT that has graduated and has received their orders.

I will be an E3 (degree) if that helps at all.

Thank You

jzhaun 02-25-2014 09:32 AM

At my A-school (DLI since I'm a CTI) we fill out a dream sheet (of what orders we would like, if we can get them) maybe 3 or 4 months before graduation and receive our orders a month before graduation. (Granted, we have 16 months of instruction.)

I would say we spend anywhere from 4 days to 2 months at A-school before we start classes. One month is probably average. This isn't waiting for a "group" exactly - A-school operates on a rotating basis so the new people can't start until the most senior class in their assigned language graduates and then take their place (same teachers, classrooms etc). I'm not a CTT though, so your A-school may be different from mine.

Seth_Breen_CTT 02-25-2014 09:42 AM

Also, I have been strongly debating aircrew as a CTT. From what I have gathered, CTTs on aircrew go to Whidbey Island. I have been talking a lot to one of the guys on here, Haasino. He has been great help as far as the air crew information.

Sorry I know there are a lot of questions which are a lot of variables.

Thank You though.

Seth_Breen_CTT 02-25-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jzhaun (Post 41708)
At my A-school (DLI since I'm a CTI) we fill out a dream sheet (of what orders we would like, if we can get them) maybe 3 or 4 months before graduation and receive our orders a month before graduation. (Granted, we have 16 months of instruction.)

I would say we spend anywhere from 4 days to 2 months at A-school before we start classes. One month is probably average. This isn't waiting for a "group" exactly - A-school operates on a rotating basis so the new people can't start until the most senior class in their assigned language graduates and then take their place (same teachers, classrooms etc). I'm not a CTT though, so your A-school may be different from mine.

Awesome, no that helps with my questions. Yea i guess I worded that wrong as far as the "group". Hopefully I don't have to wait for 2 months... that would suck.

jzhaun 02-25-2014 11:54 AM

Honestly, you do NOT want to be the guy who classes up after 4 days. It's a lot harder to get all your phase-up quals and inspections done when you're already in class, and then you can't go offbase/wear civvies/drink etc during the little free time you have.

bronxCTM 02-25-2014 02:11 PM

In boot camp, our division got our orders like the week we graduated. My (former) roommate here at NAS Pensacola got his orders to his first duty station like 1-2 weeks before he graduated.