NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   NUKE = NUCLEAR POWER FIELD (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   ASVAB Line Scores (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5513)

Jamee 04-25-2014 05:45 PM

ASVAB Line Scores

Ollooooo!!

So I have my ASVAB scores and I've had them for about a year now. I've already auto qualified for the Nuke Field and I plan on going ET once I get to choose my rating. I know I scored a 97 AFQT however I'm not too sure how to read the rest of my scores. Up til now I've just given the score sheet to my recruiter and they read it but I was reading some posts and doing some good 'ole research and I realized I have no idea what my line scores are.:What:

Help!!!!

:banghead:

Here are my scores:

QT: 97
M: 091
A: 098
G: 097
E: 095
Composite: 381

Haasino 04-25-2014 05:59 PM

Those are Air Force Qualification Area Scores... can't really be applied to Navy rating requirements.

LT Guppy 04-25-2014 06:00 PM

Ok...

QT is your qualifying score, this says you can serve in the military. It's a combination of your Paragraph Comprehension (PC), Word Knowledge (WK), Mathematics Knowlege (MK), and Arithmetic Reasoning (AR) tests.

The Navy doesn't care about your MAGE score, but...

M is the Mechanical Aptitude Score - A combination of General Science (GS), Mechanical Comprehension (MC), and Auto/Shop (AS).

A Administrative Aptitude Score - Verbal Expression (VE).

G General Aptitude Score - Determined from Arithmetic Reasoning (AR) and and Verbal Expression (VE).

E Electronics Aptitude Score - Determined from General Science (GS), Arithmetic Reasoning (AR), Mathematics Knowledge (MK), and Electronics Information (EI).

Instead, the Navy uses the scores for each part of the test.

To qualify for Nuke, you need one of the following scores:
VE+AR+MK+NAPT = 290 (with minimum 50 NAPT score)
AR+MK+EI+GS+NAPT = 290 (with minimum 50 NAPT score)
VE+AR+MK+MC = 252 (No NAPT required)
AR+MK+EI+GS = 252 (No NAPT required)

Jamee 04-25-2014 07:45 PM

So how do I go about getting those scores?? I know my recruiter has them already. Would I just ask her what my scores were?

Jamee 04-25-2014 07:51 PM

I know.....I started my recruitment process with the Air Force and ended up joining the Navy completely off happenstance....it's actually a funny story...

AramilX 04-25-2014 09:55 PM

Ask your recruiter, it shouldn't be a problem for them to get a copy of your sheet. Do you still have the printout from when you took the test?

Jamee 04-26-2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AramilX (Post 43859)
Ask your recruiter, it shouldn't be a problem for them to get a copy of your sheet. Do you still have the printout from when you took the test?

I do. But my print out has the MAGE scores on it, the Air Force scores, not the Navy line scores.