NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pass In Review (Graduation) (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Things that can be brought to you at graduation? (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5167)

classified9 02-07-2014 11:21 AM

Things that can be brought to you at graduation?

I assume we will be told what we can have once we graduate, but can your family bring your cell phone/iPad that kind of stuff?

Thanks

CSSEsaw 02-07-2014 11:25 AM

I would imagine so, because you are officially a US sailor.

kforbs126 02-07-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gebailey (Post 40850)
I assume we will be told what we can have once we graduate, but can your family bring your cell phone/iPad that kind of stuff?

Thanks

It depends on when you are flying out or going to A school across the street. You can't bring anything back to the "ship" after liberty.

13Point1Heiress 02-07-2014 12:02 PM

Except you won't be able to bring any of those things back on base with you, they would have to give it to you at the air port.

classified9 02-07-2014 02:28 PM

My brother graduated boot back in 2010, I can't remember if he took his phone back to the ship with him or not after day liberty but I don't remember us taking it back from him. Any possibility he may have brought it back to the ship?

BubbaGumps64 02-07-2014 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gebailey (Post 40859)
My brother graduated boot back in 2010, I can't remember if he took his phone back to the ship with him or not after day liberty but I don't remember us taking it back from him. Any possibility he may have brought it back to the ship?

It's possible. Not everyone follows the rules.

jzhaun 02-07-2014 05:25 PM

Yeah, you can have phones and what not after graduation, but you can't take it back to the ship. Don't try. It's easiest to do at the airport, since you're a nuke and you'll be going to VA.

classified9 02-08-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jzhaun (Post 40867)
Yeah, you can have phones and what not after graduation, but you can't take it back to the ship. Don't try. It's easiest to do at the airport, since you're a nuke and you'll be going to VA.

Noted, thanks guys. You mean the airport at the end of the weekend? I'm assuming nukes get flown out pretty fast

jzhaun 02-08-2014 10:23 AM

Unless you're going across the street you generally don't get the whole weekend with your family.

Most people graduate Friday morning, have liberty with their family that day (but have to get back to their ship in the evening around 1900) and then get sent to the airport around 0100 that same night, (although the flight may not be for several hours) and arrive at their A school on Saturday. At my A school we generally see them arrive Saturday evening, but we're in CA so it's a longer flight than many others; I don't know what's typical for nukes.