NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   CTN = CRYPTOLOGIC TECHNICIAN NETWORKS (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Pensacola & Cell service/data (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4350)

darkguard 07-16-2013 05:25 PM

Pensacola & Cell service/data

Anyone currently or recently at Pensacola that can give suggestions for best phone/data coverage?

I'm leaving for basic in little over a month and am trying to plan ahead. I currently have sprint through my employer, reservist so keeping the employer benefits. From the coverage map, it looks like sprint gets bad data coverage around there, anyone with experience?

I was thinking about getting a Verizon hotspot to skype with the wife and kid. Anyone used Verizon around there or have better suggestion?

Thanks!

warehimer33 07-16-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkguard (Post 33929)
Anyone currently or recently at Pensacola that can give suggestions for best phone/data coverage?

I'm leaving for basic in little over a month and am trying to plan ahead. I currently have sprint through my employer, reservist so keeping the employer benefits. From the coverage map, it looks like sprint gets bad data coverage around there, anyone with experience?

I was thinking about getting a Verizon hotspot to skype with the wife and kid. Anyone used Verizon around there or have better suggestion?

Thanks!

DO NOT GET SPRINT. I don't know about other states but Florida is the WORST for Sprint. It absolutely sucks. Verizon is the best in Florida. It's amazing. I get service everywhere; and I mean everywhere.

navy AO 07-16-2013 08:20 PM

im stationed here now.. verizon and tmobile are the best ones for down here. hotspot REALLY works best here. the gowifi that is here is good but it can be VERY slow alot of the times

ritzcracker37 10-31-2013 02:17 AM

I hope you guys are right, I just switched from sprint to verizon :outtahere:

not to mention the already horrible service that sprint has in Hawaii, I couldn't imagine what it would be like if that was to get any worse! I won't be in Pensacola until May or so but I figured that I should just switch it now.

AyeeYoAP 10-31-2013 11:26 AM

Sprint sucks at Corry, but I lived on the IT side so my service didn't suck as bad as the people who lived in the BEQs service did. though. Other than that, its bearable. It's not the worst. But you do kinda have to go outside to talk on the phone sometimes. And the mobile data sucks... REALLY bad.

Outside of the barracks my service worked just fine.

If the barracks have tin roofs that has alot to do with the sucky signal. I can't remember if they do though.

But, I would HIGHLY recommend Verizon...

LT Guppy 10-31-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyeeYoAP (Post 37310)
Sprint sucks at Corry, but I lived on the IT side so my service didn't suck as bad as the people who lived in the BEQs service did. though. Other than that, its bearable. It's not the worst. But you do kinda have to go outside to talk on the phone sometimes. And the mobile data sucks... REALLY bad.

Outside of the barracks my service worked just fine.

If the barracks have tin roofs that has alot to do with the sucky signal. I can't remember if they do though.

But, I would HIGHLY recommend Verizon...

Cell service just doesn't seem to work on base anywhere. All the old brick buildings block the signal pretty effectively.

AyeeYoAP 11-04-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy2010 (Post 37312)
Cell service just doesn't seem to work on base anywhere. All the old brick buildings block the signal pretty effectively.

I'm stationed at Lackland now and my service is horrible, but ONLY at medical and my barracks in particular -_-

Mackin1231 11-04-2013 05:42 PM

aw man I was going to get rid of Verizon and the high ass packages they offer. But I am hearing too many negative things about Sprint. Well I may just keep it for two more years.

D.Brothers 11-04-2013 10:19 PM

Yea I can confirm the TERRIBLE service that Sprint provides. I am in Florida and have been my whole life and Sprint has always been horrible here. Also the company i currently work for uses sprint as our cell provoders and we can hardly do our jobs bc the signal is so intermittent. Verizon is deff the best here. ATT is not too bad either

ritzcracker37 11-06-2013 12:05 PM

Well, thanks for reinforcing my decision haha. I guess I will just have to wait until I get there to see the results. I have to say that it's already been a huge improvement at home!

D.Brothers 11-07-2013 01:55 PM

Yeah you made a good decision. Believe me you won't regret it

kforbs126 11-07-2013 02:00 PM

Sorry I love Sprint and never had any problems. Especially floating outside in Hawaii I picked up service, we were close to one island, the one that they use in jurassic park and I picked up service there. Also in San Diego I always pick up service 5 miles off the coast.

ALJW2015 03-27-2015 08:37 AM

Is AT&T good at Corry?

LT Guppy 03-27-2015 12:57 PM

Please do not bump old threads.