NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Ship 5 - SEPS (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6272)

lionesso1 12-04-2014 12:37 PM

Ship 5 - SEPS

My brother is currently in SEPS ship 5 being discharged for high blood pressure but said he wanted to request a medical waiver. He wants to stay in the Navy. How Likely is it that it would be approved and how long does it take? I hear Ship 5 is pretty depressing for the recruits being sent home but he is maintaining home. Can you shed some light??

Haasino 12-04-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionesso1 (Post 50368)
My brother is currently in SEPS ship 5 being discharged for high blood pressure but said he wanted to request a medical waiver. He wants to stay in the Navy. How Likely is it that it would be approved and how long does it take? I hear Ship 5 is pretty depressing for the recruits being sent home but he is maintaining home. Can you shed some light??

The question is, can he get a waiver? That's going to be up to medical... ultimately, he's going to either A.) Be separated and unable rejoin the Navy... B.) Be separated and submit a waiver to rejoin... or C.) Be allowed to stay in SEPS, submit a waiver, and rejoin a division if/when his waiver is approved.

Atom_breaker 12-04-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionesso1 (Post 50368)
I hear Ship 5 is pretty depressing for the recruits being sent home but he is maintaining home. Can you shed some light??

Ship 05 is a blast! He will have plenty to entertain him while waiting for his paperwork.. On the negative side, I've only personally seen three people go from SEPS back to a DIV, but the battle can be faught and it can happen, It just depends on if they want to issue the waiver.

Haasino 12-04-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atom_breaker (Post 50380)
Ship 05 is a blast!

THU maybe... I don't recall the 2nd/3rd floor being a very happy place.

Atom_breaker 12-04-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haasino (Post 50382)
THU maybe... I don't recall the 2nd/3rd floor being a very happy place.

They've loosened the grip. When we walked them they were always in a somewhat good mood. But Many of them were medical, and they seemed happier than the admins.

sweetmtn 12-04-2014 07:54 PM

In light of the death that occurred last week at boot, I would think a medical waiver for high blood pressure that "could" lead to heart problems later, might be a hard thing to get at this point...even if the death was not blood pressure related but died due a slip and fall and hitting their head.,..rather minor IMO

I would say it might depends on just how high his blood pressure is and how much it fluctuates.

Atom_breaker 12-05-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetmtn (Post 50388)
In light of the death that occurred last week at boot, I would think a medical waiver for high blood pressure that "could" lead to heart problems later, might be a hard thing to get at this point...even if the death was not blood pressure related but died due a slip and fall and hitting their head.,..rather minor IMO

I would say it might depends on just how high his blood pressure is and how much it fluctuates.

I agree!! There will be alot of subtle changes that will occur i'm sure.

JSlattery 12-05-2014 11:25 AM

My biggest question is, what do they consider HBP?

Atom_breaker 12-05-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSlattery (Post 50408)
My biggest question is, what do they consider HBP?

I got flagged at MEPS, then again in P-Days, but they never really mentioned it again, I just had to give them one "good" BPT so.. IDK how severe it must have to be to get seperated for it. But it's not like an instant "oh yours is high, NO NAVY FOR YOU!"

JSlattery 12-05-2014 07:57 PM

Yeah at MEPS I was around 130/80, which is technically high but I was nervous as hell so they left it.

Atom_breaker 12-05-2014 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSlattery (Post 50426)
Yeah at MEPS I was around 130/80, which is technically high but I was nervous as hell so they left it.

If MEPS noticed it they will check you again at RTC. But they let you do "breathing exercises" first to lower it.

smneal 03-14-2015 04:45 PM

My daughter is in seps and was told she would receive an entry level sep. Wii she be able to reenlist? She failed PFA running and got discouraged and now on her way home says she will be able to do it again in six months is that true

proudmama 03-17-2015 09:10 AM

Hi. Depending on her seps code, yes she can try. I would start looking for a recruiter willing to work with a seps case. It takes alot of work and perserverence, but can be done

smneal 03-18-2015 07:43 AM

Thank you

sweetmtn 03-18-2015 10:35 AM

If someone is separated from the military and wants to re-enlist....it will depend highly on what the separation code is on the DD214 .... some codes will allow it, some are a flat no cannot.