NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pass In Review (Graduation) (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Airport Gate Pass - Get access to the Airport Concourse... (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489)

Craig 04-02-2009 09:06 PM

Airport Gate Pass - Get access to the Airport Concourse...

1 Attachment(s)
Below instruction will show you how to get access to the airport concourses to meet your Sailor when the arrive or depart. You usually have to go to the ticket counter to get the passes. Remember, most counter agents have know idea about this. If they say they can give you gate passes, then show them this message, and ask for their supervisor. Again, don't think you have the right to go to the gate, it's just a priviledge. They can always tell you no due to real world events. (hey it's security, if they don't want you on the concourse they are just looking out for everyones safety).

This is one of those benefits that our military members get that a normal civilian doesn't.
Please read: http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...rial_1880.shtm

sweetmtn 04-03-2009 12:35 AM

Most airports are very nice about this too! So dont be afraid to ask...I have been able to meet my boys flights every time at the gate at the Reno airport, and go to the gate to wait with them as well. They didnt have to fly in uniform either! :you rock:
________
TRAVEL INSURANCE ADVICE

Craig 08-24-2009 07:34 PM

Bump...

KYmom 08-25-2009 02:57 AM

Unfortunatly at Louisville International airport it is always a NO! ! !
They won't give a inch.
The only time I every got through was with my sister n law who works there and she practicly had to sign in blood to get us through. LOL....

vabchsue 08-25-2009 08:06 AM

We've only had to deal with this once.....the day of PIR when we were meeting Michael out at O'Hare shortly after PIR. We had no problems whatsoever in getting through with him and waiting at the gate area.

asailorswife 08-25-2009 10:36 AM

Really Delores?!?! That's crazy, I thought they were supposed to let military families go through?!

I know some airports are more strict than others.. LAX only let Kadie and I go through. (this was long before Molly). We had parents with us, and they weren't allowed through, but because Kadie and I were his dependents (and I could show military ID), we got to go through with him. (This was back in May of 06).

Otherwise, we've dealt with Lindberg Field down here, and have never had an issue with getting to the gate with or for him. :)

KYmom 08-25-2009 11:03 AM

We had no problems at Ohare when we were there at PIR and he was flying out. But in Louisville it is a big NO....

NavyMom2007 08-25-2009 08:03 PM

No problems in KC or in St. Louis for us, either.

Kim 12-27-2009 08:58 PM

ANA at LAX wouldn't give me a pass today. It was a rather pissed off/emotional good bye. =(

sweetmtn 12-27-2009 09:14 PM

So sorry Kim..that really sucks! It was probably due to that guy that tried to blow up a plane on Christmas day! They have raised the security due to it...

Craig 12-27-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetmtn (Post 7869)
So sorry Kim..that really sucks! It was probably due to that guy that tried to blow up a plane on Christmas day! They have raised the security due to it...

I agree with you Sue.... Too much crap going on now.... I bet those screeners are on their toes, and busting their butts now. Not to say they weren't before, just that with this recent thing, I but they are being Quality Control checked ever day now...Heck, ever hour....

Kim 12-27-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig (Post 7872)
I agree with you Sue.... Too much crap going on now.... I bet those screeners are on their toes, and busting their butts now. Not to say they weren't before, just that with this recent thing, I but they are being Quality Control checked ever day now...Heck, ever hour....

They don't ever let anyone passed I guess. But they threw out a bunch of excuses to try and keep my happy. I burst into tears and the guy couldn't even look me in the eye.