NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Master-at-Arms B640 (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Lackland... (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3935)

chrisxxii 04-08-2013 06:17 PM

Lackland...

Just Got to Lackland. What is there to do on liberty in phase I?

camfurr 04-08-2013 06:34 PM

With phase 1 no card? Go to the BX, workout, run... That's the extent of fun on the base. There's a movie theatre and a bowling alley on base, but I haven't been to either of them. I graduate from here in 2 weeks

geeMA 04-08-2013 06:47 PM

riverwalk, seaworld, six flags

cire 04-08-2013 06:58 PM

go hang out with camfurr

drcsyntax 04-08-2013 07:29 PM

I live in San Antonio; what are you limited to?

Palladium theater is the best quality theater to hit. Alamo Draft Houses have a no kids rule in their theaters.

Riverwalk is amusing if you've NEVER been there, only once, then never go again. If you're into culture, just walk around downtown. No GOOD arcades in this city if you're into gaming.

Our best mall.......I don't even know which one I would call the best, they all kinda suck IMO. NorthStar Mall is the pricey one, La Cantera shopping center is the snooty rich people shopping center.

If you've been to any other six flags in the country, our's will make you laugh or cry. Either way, you won't get very excited there. Sea World is half decent.

Avoid the Zoo at all costs, don't listen to what anyone says, never go there; you'll get depressed.

chrisxxii 04-08-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camfurr (Post 30299)
With phase 1 no card? Go to the BX, workout, run... That's the extent of fun on the base. There's a movie theatre and a bowling alley on base, but I haven't been to either of them. I graduate from here in 2 weeks

Yep no card. So far been catching up on my lack of sleep from bootcamp.

chrisxxii 04-08-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcsyntax (Post 30302)

Palladium theater is the best quality theater to hit. Alamo Draft Houses have a no kids rule in their theaters.

Riverwalk is amusing if you've NEVER been there, only once, then never go again. If you're into culture, just walk around downtown. No GOOD arcades in this city if you're into gaming.

Our best mall.......I don't even know which one I would call the best, they all kinda suck IMO. NorthStar Mall is the pricey one, La Cantera shopping center is the snooty rich people shopping center.

If you've been to any other six flags in the country, our's will make you laugh or cry. Either way, you won't get very excited there. Sea World is half decent.

Avoid the Zoo at all costs, don't listen to what anyone says, never go there; you'll get depressed.

I can't even leave the base yet. But I'll have to check out the river walk I've heard a lot of people talk about it. Thanks for the info

Dcsaiz 04-08-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcsyntax (Post 30302)

Hey your from San Antonio too? Nice have you gone through MEPS yet?

drcsyntax 04-09-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dcsaiz (Post 30308)
Hey your from San Antonio too? Nice have you gone through MEPS yet?

No, not yet. I'm going to see another recruiting station today, right after work. (My attempt to get the process started Saturday ended with failure to find a recruiter lol). Luckily there is one about a mile away from where I work.

Hoping today starts everything for me. :yesnod:

How about you? I heard our MEPs center over on Sam Houston isn't as bad as the horror stories you get from other places.

Dcsaiz 04-09-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcsyntax (Post 30319)
No, not yet. I'm going to see another recruiting station today, right after work. (My attempt to get the process started Saturday ended with failure to find a recruiter lol). Luckily there is one about a mile away from where I work.

Hoping today starts everything for me. :yesnod:

How about you? I heard our MEPs center over on Sam Houston isn't as bad as the horror stories you get from other places.

Oh ok nice which recruiting station you planning on going too? I'm out of Hollywood park its the one off of 281 you should pm me your number maybe I can get a refer you to my recruiter there pretty cool laid back as well and yea MEPS there is actually pretty laid back alot of waiting though but its all good

drcsyntax 04-10-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dcsaiz (Post 30333)
Oh ok nice which recruiting station you planning on going too? I'm out of Hollywood park its the one off of 281 you should pm me your number maybe I can get a refer you to my recruiter there pretty cool laid back as well and yea MEPS there is actually pretty laid back alot of waiting though but its all good

And yesterday was a no-go either; gahhh I hate depending on undependables! (No car right now, so I was supposed to get a ride and my family suddenly pulled a "We're going out of town lol wait until tomorrow."

Rain or sleet or earthquake, I'm going today. If I have to crawl there.

Lol, it's the one on Dezavala right next to 10. (The HuHot off the highway?)

Until I get my car I'm stuck to places that are a stones throw away from my home.

Dcsaiz 04-10-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcsyntax (Post 30363)
And yesterday was a no-go either; gahhh I hate depending on undependables! (No car right now, so I was supposed to get a ride and my family suddenly pulled a "We're going out of town lol wait until tomorrow."

Rain or sleet or earthquake, I'm going today. If I have to crawl there.

Lol, it's the one on Dezavala right next to 10. (The HuHot off the highway?)

Until I get my car I'm stuck to places that are a stones throw away from my home.

That sucks lol oh ok yea I've been to that station I think it's even one of the main stations in SA