NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Questions About Graduation??? HELP!! (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4378)

Mariah_Aj11 07-21-2013 09:48 PM

Questions About Graduation??? HELP!!

My boyfriend graduates on August 30th from bootcamp. I basically need to know what time to be on base? Where to sit? How long the entire ceremony takes? & the whole no PDA thing until we're off base does that include holding his hand? He also ships out to Pensacola the next morning for A school, so I was wondering if his family and I are allowed to wait with him at the airport???? any information that will be helpful please!!!!

LT Guppy 07-22-2013 04:59 AM

If in remember correctly, you want to get to base around 8. It takes a while to check everyone's ID.
They will show you where to sit.
It should be done by noon.
A hug/kiss when you first see him after the ceremony is fine, but after that no hand holding. You can, however, link arms...
Yes, you can wait at the airport.

sweetmtn 07-22-2013 11:00 AM

Just make sure you are on the list to go and see him graduate...as in most cases only 3 people are allowed to go and it is by invitation with a name on the list that is only allowed in.

HMRivera 08-24-2013 02:23 PM

I've heard that if you want to bring more people to ask the RDC's at boot camp and tell them how many more people you want to bring. Some people don't have anyone come for their graduation or they'll only bring one so you can take the open spots. Is that true?

jzhaun 08-24-2013 02:45 PM

People have done that, yes.

Is it technically allowed? No.

I don't know if it used to be, but as of 8 months ago when I went thru it wasn't. It's a security risk. And I'm sure some people still do it and don't get caught, but I definitely wouldn't mention it to an RDC . . .

HMRivera 08-24-2013 02:51 PM

Ok cuz my recruiter had told me about that if I wanted to bring more people. Thanks

Laworlo 08-24-2013 07:48 PM

When I went over a year ago, the RDC's brought it up to us. They said if anyone had extra tickets to let others know so they could bring more family members in.

sweetmtn 08-25-2013 11:07 AM

Just remember that now that the navy broadcasts the PIR live online, the rules are being strickly enforced, as family that cant come in can watch it live now.

Laworlo 08-26-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetmtn (Post 35298)
Just remember that now that the navy broadcasts the PIR live online, the rules are being strickly enforced, as family that cant come in can watch it live now.

I'm sure a lot of my family would love to have had that an option. Though, I probably wouldn't have had anyone actually show up to it in person if that was the case lol.