NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Back From Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=246)
-   -   Graduated Bootcamp! Ask questions if you would like (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4743)

John213AV 11-09-2013 06:30 AM

Graduated Bootcamp! Ask questions if you would like

I will try and answer all questions. I graduated bootcamp yesterday 08Nov13!

I'm at the USO in Chicago waiting to fly out! Heading to Pensacola as an ATO.

Got questions?

SHOOT!

RockyFin 11-09-2013 08:31 AM

Congrats :)

D.Brothers 11-09-2013 01:44 PM

Congrats. I can't wait to be in your shoes. Although I'll be in Great Lakes after graduation.

bronxCTM 11-10-2013 12:36 PM

Congratulations on graduating!

Since you are going to the same A School location as me...when do you fly out to Pensacola and how much time did/do you have for liberty in Chicago?

matzo 11-10-2013 03:11 PM

Congrats on the graduation, I'm sure it was a great moment in your life.

What was the most challenging aspect of RTC?
Did you advance your rate while in boot?

Thanks

John213AV 11-10-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronxCTM (Post 37823)
Congratulations on graduating!

Since you are going to the same A School location as me...when do you fly out to Pensacola and how much time did/do you have for liberty in Chicago?

Graduation ends at roughly 10:30. You have liberty that moment until whenever your RDC allows (usually 2100 ). Then you fly out anytime between 0030 - 0700 that Saturday morning.

Hardest part about boot for me was the mental aspect of being broken down and having zero control of your life. You will miss home for about 3 weeks. Go to church on Sundays! It's hard always being on edge being like "are the RDCs gonna be in a good mood today? Or treat us all like dog craps again!?"

I had college so I was an E3. I was starboard watch and it was a terribly hard job. I had a lot of exercising because of other people messing up ok the deck log.

matzo 11-11-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John213AV (Post 37843)
Graduation ends at roughly 10:30. You have liberty that moment until whenever your RDC allows (usually 2100 ). Then you fly out anytime between 0030 - 0700 that Saturday morning.

Hardest part about boot for me was the mental aspect of being broken down and having zero control of your life. You will miss home for about 3 weeks. Go to church on Sundays! It's hard always being on edge being like "are the RDCs gonna be in a good mood today? Or treat us all like dog craps again!?"

I had college so I was an E3. I was starboard watch and it was a terribly hard job. I had a lot of exercising because of other people messing up ok the deck log.

Thanks man appreciate the feedback, starboard watch.. lots of push ups?

John213AV 11-12-2013 08:50 PM

Starboard watch yes lol. I was in charge of the entire deck log, and creating the watch bill everyday for 24 hour watches. Its hard work.

Pushups yes, but mainly10 ten counts, 30 pushups, pillar bridges, running planks in that order.