NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Music in boot camp? / Buying a motorcyle after? (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5449)

Devereux 04-08-2014 09:31 PM

Music in boot camp? / Buying a motorcyle after?

Part 1:
I'm a pretty big music fan of all genres. I was just wondering if RDC's will play music when everyone is working out, or any kind of music will be played at all excluding the military drill cadences and all other types.

Part 2:
I have driven dirtbikes and motorcycles since I was 6 years old, and I planned on buying a street-legal motorcycle once I was able to. I have my motorcycle permit & am going to take the actual test in a few weeks, and was wondering has anyone ever heard any stories about sailors buying motorcycles after boot camp? Should I wait? I really wanted one, but also wouldn't have an issue waiting. Thanks!

Dev

sweetmtn 04-08-2014 09:52 PM

Cant tell you anything about music at boot..however. WAIT for the bike! You can actually buy what ever you want, but, you must take the NAVY Motorcycle saftey tests to drive one on base. When you get to A school, you most likely wont be driving until you get to a certain phase. Then think about how are you going to get it to your first duty station AND all your gear.

AramilX 04-08-2014 10:21 PM

Someone was just asking about music in my DEP meeting last week. My recruiter said there is absolutely no music unless you have an exceedingly cool RDC. In fact, my recruiter said that when he was in boot camp he would volunteer for extra cleaning duty so he could go be alone on the next floor up and belt out his favorite music, just to keep himself sane.

jzhaun 04-09-2014 03:58 AM

We got music fairly often, but that definitely depends on your rdcs. The first time was Christmas day during holiday routine (week 3), and most holiday routines after that. It would get taken away if we got too loud, of course. A couple times during pt, but only when we were doing slow stuff like stretch day right before the pfa. The regular pt really has too much counting to play music for, although sometimes we would sing songs like the spongebob theme or 99 bottles of beer in lieu of counting. My rdcs liked their music though.

When I was in rcu, which isn't quite the same as a regular division, we actually had a list of recruit song requests that the RDCS would sometimes play from.

Dianakit12 04-09-2014 08:03 AM

My rdc's played it while we pt'd in the compartment, during holiday routine and sometimes at night before we all went to bed. Even a couple times while handing mail out and just whenever we were studying a few times. Once was punishment, sorta, because a guy had dropped the ensign doing something and it was a song that has us all bawling. But that was just my rdc's, I can't speak for them all of course.

As for the bike, I'd wait till you're at your first command.

Auridan 04-09-2014 07:57 PM

One of my RDCs would play music for the female side of the house if they behaved. Brother div's chief woke us up a couple mornings with "Fortunate Son", and led the male side in a couple badass cadences before taps if he was feeling motivated. That's all the music we got.

Angst 04-11-2014 06:26 PM

Every time my division got beat, the RDC's played Beyonce's "single ladies" and we had to sing in perfect unison, otherwise we heard the dreaded "Hooyah zero!". Does that count?

bronxCTM 04-12-2014 09:23 AM

Sometimes during holiday routine the RDC's would play music. Try getting someone to mail you a musical card...we would play those after taps lol, so awesome.

Devereux 04-13-2014 12:25 PM

Haha sounds good to me.

Haasino 04-13-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronxCTM (Post 43587)
Try getting someone to mail you a musical card...we would play those after taps lol, so awesome.

I wouldn't... anything that could potentially contain photographs have to be opened in front of your RDC. One of my buddies got a musical card for his birthday, and he got to do one 10-count bodybuilder for each year of age while his RDC played the card for him! :rofl: