NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Advice for boot camp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3718)

OliviaJ 02-21-2013 07:32 PM

Advice for boot camp

Hey everyone! I ship in just 5 days(20130226)! I can't believe that it has been 5 months since I depped in. Time goes by soo fast! Anyways, does anyone have any last minute advice or suggestions for boot camp? I think I'm in adequate shape and I'm generally a quiet person.

cire 02-21-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OliviaJ (Post 27829)
Hey everyone! I ship in just 5 days(20130226)! I can't believe that it has been 5 months since I depped in. Time goes by soo fast! Anyways, does anyone have any last minute advice or suggestions for boot camp? I think I'm in adequate shape and I'm generally a quiet person.

When you are spoken to, speak up when you talk. Don't do anything stupid and follow directions. Don't take a lot of crap with you to boot camp, you will just have to mail it all back home anyways.

llamayamaa 02-21-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OliviaJ (Post 27829)

Military bearing, military bearing, and more military bearing!!!!!!!! And never, EVER look your RDCs in the eye. Or any other chiefs or POs for that matter. Honestly, just keep your military bearing, follow instructions, and they'll leave you alone. That's what I did and I never got picked on or ITed.

Oh, and don't talk in the height line.

cire 02-21-2013 08:35 PM

And most importantly, make sure you call your RDC "sir" or "maam"

Haasino 02-21-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cire (Post 27837)

Oh hell no! They don't do that anymore!

It's gonna be "Petty Officer" or "Chief"... only Sir/Ma'am an officer!

Malarkey 02-21-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cire (Post 27837)

Yes, they will IT you ass for HOURS if you do this. Address them as their rank. That's an old thing. ONLY OFFICERS ARE SIR OR MA'AM.

PacificSunrise 02-21-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malarkey (Post 27856)
Yes, they will IT you ass for HOURS if you do this. Address them as their rank. That's an old thing. ONLY OFFICERS ARE SIR OR MA'AM.

They literally wait with anticipation for new recruits to call them "sir" or "ma'am" just so they'd have a reason to IT you.

I'm not going to make that mistake lol

cire 02-22-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haasino (Post 27840)
Oh hell no! They don't do that anymore!

It's gonna be "Petty Officer" or "Chief"... only Sir/Ma'am an officer!

I was completely joking. lol

Graff 02-22-2013 09:27 AM

I've heard that the appropriate response when having put your foot in your mouth is 'belay my last' and to always say 'my apologies' instead of 'im sorry'
confirm/deny?

Haasino 02-22-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cire (Post 27873)
I was completely joking. lol

I kinda figured you were... just wanted to make it clear for the DEPpers, heh!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graff (Post 27880)
I've heard that the appropriate response when having put your foot in your mouth is 'belay my last' and to always say 'my apologies' instead of 'im sorry'
confirm/deny?

Just don't say "sorry, Chief/sorry, Petty Officer"... the response will always be "oh, so I'm a sorry Chief/PO, eh!? Push-up position! Get there!"

PacificSunrise 02-22-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haasino (Post 27881)
Just don't say "sorry, Chief/sorry, Petty Officer"... the response will always be "oh, so I'm a sorry Chief/PO, eh!? Push-up position! Get there!"

I find that hilarious :rofl: