NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   NWU Type 3's? (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7535)

rmorales14 09-14-2017 09:46 AM

NWU Type 3's?

I know they are going to start being issued starting October 1st, but is there any chance of getting them when I ship out September 20th? I know thats clearly not October 1st, but I wasn't sure with it being so close if they would just start it then?

KRoss 09-14-2017 11:17 AM

IC3 in my recruiting district is 90% sure I'll be getting them when I ship on the 25th. I'm hoping so for people like us, who will just get there before the official start of the transition. I'd hate for us to have to get new N-dubs halfway through our enlistment

Barbazu 09-15-2017 07:30 PM

If I remember correctly it takes a couple weeks before you get fitted for your nwu. So by the time you get there to be fitted you'll probably have the type iii.

Agrias 09-17-2017 12:34 PM

You say that, but I also shipped on September 25th of 2013, and October that year was when they started putting your name tape on your nwu heavy weather jacket, and also the rank tab on the liner. Guess who didn't get either of those things and had to get them done in A school. This guy.

KRoss 09-18-2017 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agrias (Post 60145)
You say that, but I also shipped on September 25th of 2013, and October that year was when they started putting your name tape on your nwu heavy weather jacket, and also the rank tab on the liner. Guess who didn't get either of those things and had to get them done in A school. This guy.

Interesting to know. Half hoping to get the blues just because I think they're neat and uniquely "Navy", but I'm also in a six year contract and don't want to have to get a second set of NWU's a third of the way into my enlistment.

BonzerAsp 09-18-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRoss (Post 60148)
Interesting to know. Half hoping to get the blues just because I think they're neat and uniquely "Navy", but I'm also in a six year contract and don't want to have to get a second set of NWU's a third of the way into my enlistment.

You get a uniform allowance every year on the day you went to boot camp. So buying a set of NWUs isn't really that terrible financially. I think the Type IIIs are the same price or close to it, but don't quote me on that lol

contigo26 09-23-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmorales14 (Post 60137)
I know they are going to start being issued starting October 1st, but is there any chance of getting them when I ship out September 20th? I know thats clearly not October 1st, but I wasn't sure with it being so close if they would just start it then?

No you will not get the Type III's. It's mentioned they will start the Type III's on October 1st. Even if your date lands like September 31 or whatever you'll still have the blueberries. Unless its precisely on shipping date of October 1st then you get the type III's