NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Want to enlist, worried about my teeth (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7044)

blueice6102 01-08-2016 12:57 PM

Want to enlist, worried about my teeth

I've been wanting to join the Navy for awhile, but I am worried about my teeth. They are bad & will probably all get ripped out. Do they give you dentures/implants or are you just toothless? Also I figure it would hurt, I do not enjoy dental pain, I am dental phobic. Should I suck it up & go to the recruiting station today or tomorrow, or should I try & fix my teeth up as best as I can afford & enlist after?

LT Guppy 01-08-2016 01:54 PM

It takes a lot for dental to keep you from enlisting. I'd talk to a recruiter and see what they have to say.

Spook 01-08-2016 01:56 PM

In RTC you will get false teeth if they pull them. When it comes to the pain, they reeeeeeeally drug up the recruits. You shouldn't be worried. I HATE dentist work. I needles hate in my mouth and I was fine.

blueice6102 01-08-2016 02:21 PM

You know, I need this & I can not let anything stop me. I will go to my recruiting station Monday morning & tell them I want to enlist. Thanks for all your help!

blueice6102 01-08-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spook (Post 57136)
In RTC you will get false teeth if they pull them. When it comes to the pain, they reeeeeeeally drug up the recruits. You shouldn't be worried. I HATE dentist work. I needles hate in my mouth and I was fine.

Thank you. I thought they used pills? Oh well, needles here I come. :)

gopacgo12 01-08-2016 02:57 PM

Don't Worry

That was what was preventing me also but I talked to my recruiter and told her that I had a missing tooth on a retainer and they said that once I get to boot camp they will take care of me and the navy will cover the cost of getting a false tooth permanently placed in that blank spot.

blueice6102 01-08-2016 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopacgo12 (Post 57139)
That was what was preventing me also but I talked to my recruiter and told her that I had a missing tooth on a retainer and they said that once I get to boot camp they will take care of me and the navy will cover the cost of getting a false tooth permanently placed in that blank spot.

Thanks. I am going to the recruiting station Monday morning & telling them I want to enlist.

LT Guppy 01-08-2016 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spook (Post 57136)

Maybe.
Depending on where and how many, they may wait for a more convenient time.

blueice6102 01-08-2016 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy (Post 57143)
Maybe.
Depending on where and how many, they may wait for a more convenient time.

Thank you.