NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Leaving next week (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7523)

bwall0430 08-10-2017 06:45 PM

Leaving next week

I leave next Sunday for RTC. Any advice/ pro tips would be greatly appreciated, chain of command is the only thing I'm weak on.

scott.henry 08-10-2017 07:28 PM

Be Forrest Gump. Do what exactly you're told (nothing more, nothing less) when you're told to do it. Maintain a low profile. Your goal should be that your RDC can't place your face with the name on his roster. My Company Commander (That's what they called RDC's in my day.) didn't even know who I was until about the 6th week of training. Don't be afraid to help your shipmates who are struggling though. Remember, your division is a team. The goal is for 88 individuals to come together to form a single, cohesive unit. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you're struggling. Everyone has different strengths and, in the end, they all work for the good of the team.

bwall0430 08-11-2017 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott.henry (Post 60070)
Be Forrest Gump. Do what exactly you're told (nothing more, nothing less) when you're told to do it. Maintain a low profile. Your goal should be that your RDC can't place your face with the name on his roster. My Company Commander (That's what they called RDC's in my day.) didn't even know who I was until about the 6th week of training. Don't be afraid to help your shipmates who are struggling though. Remember, your division is a team. The goal is for 88 individuals to come together to form a single, cohesive unit. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you're struggling. Everyone has different strengths and, in the end, they all work for the good of the team.

Much appreciation for the insight, I'll keep everything you said in mind.

Arowe 08-19-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwall0430 (Post 60069)
I leave next Sunday for RTC. Any advice/ pro tips would be greatly appreciated, chain of command is the only thing I'm weak on.

I'm leaving the same time as you . Are you prepared and ready?

bwall0430 08-19-2017 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arowe (Post 60090)
I'm leaving the same time as you . Are you prepared and ready?

For the most part I have decent knowledge of the start guide and feel mentally and physically prepared, how about yourself?

Arowe 08-19-2017 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwall0430 (Post 60092)
For the most part I have decent knowledge of the start guide and feel mentally and physically prepared, how about yourself?

Yes , I feel pretty much ready also . I still have slight problem remembering all of the ships & chain of command