NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Boot Camp info (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4322)

Jazzy 07-07-2013 05:40 PM

Boot Camp info

I was informed that my boyfriend will be going into the Navy as an E3. Question is basically what's the difference when entering boot camp with the levels? When he graduates does that mean he will become an E4 then?

LT Guppy 07-07-2013 05:57 PM

The only difference is how much he is paid and how long he has to wait before taking his E4 test.

Haasino 07-07-2013 06:24 PM

Everyone is a Seaman Recruit in RTC... the only time you'll see a difference is at graduation when you wear your stripes.

itsmoogle 07-07-2013 07:10 PM

He's considered a Seaman Recruit in RTC. Difference is in stripes and pay, and that E4 has a chevron and an eagle.

sweetmtn 07-07-2013 11:22 PM

Depending on what his job will be(rate in the navy) some are automatic promote to E4 when they complete A school..others is time in rate, job performance and passing the test.

FutureSailor24 07-08-2013 06:23 AM

Do you know which rates get automatically promoted to E4?

warehimer33 07-08-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureSailor24 (Post 33562)

Nuke

kforbs126 07-08-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

ET/FC, Nuke, some IT's, some CT rates.

Haasino 07-08-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Nuke, SpecWar, Aircrew, IT, some CT, and most rates that have an Advanced Technical Field contract extension attached.

Jazzy 07-09-2013 09:31 AM

Thanks everyone I understand a little better. His job is Advance Electronics. Of course he won't find out whether he's ET or FC until boot camp? I heard boot camp have gotten extended to 13 weeks is this true?

FutureSailor24 07-09-2013 09:46 AM

no boot camp is only 8 weeks. although it could happen that he gets held at RTC for a few weeks before he goes to his A School, if there aren't enough people in his rate to make up a full class at his A School or if for some reason he gets sent back in boot camp he could be there longer than 8 weeks. he could get sent back in boot camp if he gets injured or fails a PFA or fails one of the tests. assuming that none of that happens, he should only be at RTC for 8 weeks.

Auridan 07-09-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazzy (Post 33613)
Thanks everyone I understand a little better. His job is Advance Electronics. Of course he won't find out whether he's ET or FC until boot camp? I heard boot camp have gotten extended to 13 weeks is this true?

One thing guaranteed to never, ever stop is rumors about boot camp spread by those who haven't been yet.

Yes, if he's AECF he'll be assigned to ET or FC after boot camp, and go to the corresponding school. The choice is made for him, based on the needs of the Navy.

waywells 09-22-2013 10:23 PM

Hello how hard is bootcamp?

Spencer.Fling 09-26-2013 04:55 PM

Short Sale

Can someone tell me if a short sale will affect my security clearance?

BubbaGumps64 09-26-2013 08:48 PM

I thought NUKE, ET/FC, etc. were automatically promoted to E3. If you want E4 you have to take the E4 exam.

jzhaun 09-26-2013 09:46 PM

^Nope, we get it automatically after completion of TIR and graduation of A school. If all goes well I'll get pinned the 16th of Sept 2014. The nukes from my div are already PO3s because of the way the split between A school and C school works. My first test will be for E5.

bronxCTM 09-27-2013 04:07 PM

Are all CTs automatic E4s after A school?

jzhaun 09-27-2013 06:40 PM

If you're ATF/signed up for a 6 year contract then yes. All CTIs have to sign for 6 years, but I think some of the others have a choice.

AyeeYoAP 10-03-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronxCTM (Post 36118)
Are all CTs automatic E4s after A school?

Nope. CTNs I know for a fact are. 6y CTTs get it while their in school (their schooling is really long). Idk about CTMs and CTIs. CTRs don't get push button at all.

FinnTheHuman 10-04-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyeeYoAP (Post 36359)
Nope. CTNs I know for a fact are. 6y CTTs get it while their in school (their schooling is really long). Idk about CTMs and CTIs. CTRs don't get push button at all.

CTI's have the possibility of like two years of A School depending on their language. From what I can see though no push button for CTM and CTI.

AyeeYoAP 10-04-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnTheHuman (Post 36384)
CTI's have the possibility of like two years of A School depending on their language. From what I can see though no push button for CTM and CTI.

Yeah the length of CTI A school depends on the language. CTMs are... scarce at Corry. You won't see that many of them like... at all. I think i only met 1 o_0

bronxCTM 10-05-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyeeYoAP (Post 36392)
Yeah the length of CTI A school depends on the language. CTMs are... scarce at Corry. You won't see that many of them like... at all. I think i only met 1 o_0

I'm all alone :(

Lol but I think it has like the lowest number of people of all the ratings in the Navy.

jzhaun 10-05-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnTheHuman (Post 36384)

Like I said further up - all CTIs are push button. We have to sign for 6 years.

Length of A school varies from 6 months (Spanish) to 16 months (Arabic, Chinese, Korean). Not including classup time, which can be 2 or 3 more months on rare occasions.

FinnTheHuman 10-06-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jzhaun (Post 36426)
Like I said further up - all CTIs are push button. We have to sign for 6 years.

Length of A school varies from 6 months (Spanish) to 16 months (Arabic, Chinese, Korean). Not including classup time, which can be 2 or 3 more months on rare occasions.

I missed that my bad. I was going off your rating sheet but it seems to skip over ranking information all-together (at least the copy I could find).

The AECF sheet has this:

"Enlistees enter as E-1s (seaman recruits). Advancement to paygrade E-2 (seaman apprentice) will be made after successful completion of recruit training. Advancement to E-3 will be made after completion of all advancement-in-rate requirements (including minimum time and course work). Advancement to paygrade E-4 (petty officer third class) will be made after successful completion of initial school training and after all advancement-in-rate requirements (including minimum time and course work) are completed. Advancement to E-3 and E-4 is contingent upon maintaining eligibility in the Advanced Electronics / Computer Field program. Eligible personnel may be paid bonuses at the time of re-enlistment. All bonuses are in addition to Navy salary and allowances for food and housing."