NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Advanced Electronics Computer Field (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   AECF Incentives, Bonuses, SLRP, and OCS! (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4235)

eihander 06-12-2013 08:55 PM

AECF Incentives, Bonuses, SLRP, and OCS!

Hey all I'm a DEP'er expected to leave Feb2014. I signed my initial contract as an E-3 with my AA degree. Do I receive any bonus for having extra college credit hours? I am super close to my Bachelor's, I think almost 100 something hours. I read off a website that the navy does offer bonuses for those who do.

I was also wondering about the SLRP (Student Loan Repayment Program) because my initial contract that I signed DID NOT include this! I am not sure if my recruiter is doing his job/part, he just sees that I "know" my stuff so I should be doing all the work. I think he doesn't care about any of his recruiters, just another day at the office to meet quota...

I'm also concerned about how easy or difficult it is to obtain a degree while as an FC or ET rating? I do have up to Calculus 2 finished. I have prior physics classes (College Algebra based, non-Calc), will the Navy Education Program accept any if not ALL of my classes?

My AECF contract is 6 years, but I was wondering could I apply for Officer School prior before my contract ends? Or do I have to wait?

kforbs126 06-12-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eihander (Post 32778)
Hey all I'm a DEP'er expected to leave Feb2014. I signed my initial contract as an E-3 with my AA degree. Do I receive any bonus for having extra college credit hours? I am super close to my Bachelor's, I think almost 100 something hours. I read off a website that the navy does offer bonuses for those who do.

I was also wondering about the SLRP (Student Loan Repayment Program) because my initial contract that I signed DID NOT include this! I am not sure if my recruiter is doing his job/part, he just sees that I "know" my stuff so I should be doing all the work. I think he doesn't care about any of his recruiters, just another day at the office to meet quota...

I'm also concerned about how easy or difficult it is to obtain a degree while as an FC or ET rating? I do have up to Calculus 2 finished. I have prior physics classes (College Algebra based, non-Calc), will the Navy Education Program accept any if not ALL of my classes?

My AECF contract is 6 years, but I was wondering could I apply for Officer School prior before my contract ends? Or do I have to wait?

They don't offer bonuses anymore for degrees. That stopped when I signed up in 2008. Also the SLRP has to be in your contract if you get it. I don't think it's offered right now for AECF and if you get the SLRP and don't re-enlist you do not get the GI Bill.

notjustaUSNwife 06-12-2013 10:23 PM

I was under the impression that, if there was a bonus available for your rate, you could either have the bonus or SLRP? If there's no bonus available then you're SOL?

LT Guppy 06-13-2013 04:06 AM

No bonus, but you will go in at a higher pay grade.

You can apply for OCS at any time, you don't have to wait and finish your current contract.