NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Back From Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=246)
-   -   Any questions? (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5541)

Mparker181 05-04-2014 08:14 AM

Any questions?

Hey guys! I'm back! Just got to my A school in Biloxi Mississippi last night! Gonna get settled in today and walk around base. I graduated 02May14 so if anyone has questions go ahead and ask!

sweetmtn 05-04-2014 09:34 AM

CONGRATES SAILOR! :happyfeet:

futureSPOOK32 05-04-2014 10:14 AM

Can you tell me a little about the recruit leadership structure? I guess that's a vague question but just like the duties and if they're worth striving for?

vabchsue 05-05-2014 06:47 AM

Sounds like you're an AG. There's not a ton of things a lot to see and do in Bilosi. If you get a chance, visit New Orleans. I know they used to do day trips down to there when my son was at A school through the MWR so he took advantage of them. When we went to visit him then that was the first things we did. BTW, how long has your interest been in weather? He finds it fascinating. Good luck!!

Mparker181 05-05-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshparrucci (Post 44126)
Can you tell me a little about the recruit leadership structure? I guess that's a vague question but just like the duties and if they're worth striving for?

Okay so I was only mail PO and trash PO, I liked doing the trash because I got to walk outside at night with one of my buddies and it was peaceful. Being mail PO everyone likes you because you deliver your mail.. It also gets you out of the compartment. I was good friends with the rcpo and she found it stressful but she liked her job sometimes. No one will listen to you most likely though since people think you are on a power trip. Yeoman is a tough job with a lot of running around but they work long and hold. Honestly in my div they were voluntold for the most part some positions were volunteered for. In brother div they were firing and hiring new chain of command positions every day up until graduation. Does this help? They do have like athletic PO education PO umm head PO religious. Those are fun.

Mparker181 05-05-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vabchsue (Post 44139)
Sounds like you're an AG. There's not a ton of things a lot to see and do in Bilosi. If you get a chance, visit New Orleans. I know they used to do day trips down to there when my son was at A school through the MWR so he took advantage of them. When we went to visit him then that was the first things we did. BTW, how long has your interest been in weather? He finds it fascinating. Good luck!!

Classing up next week. When I phase up I hope to go to New Orleans. I didn't really have any interest I hope it will grow but we will see. I wanna do more oceanography. I picked this because it was rare and a small community as well as quick advancement. When did your son graduate?

futureSPOOK32 05-06-2014 04:40 AM

Definitely helps! Thank you much appreciated!

vabchsue 05-06-2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mparker181 (Post 44158)
Classing up next week. When I phase up I hope to go to New Orleans. I didn't really have any interest I hope it will grow but we will see. I wanna do more oceanography. I picked this because it was rare and a small community as well as quick advancement. When did your son graduate?

Quick advancement - not really the case. AG has always been a bit hard to advance because of the numbers trying to do so. Been that way for quite awhile. He made E6 last year and he'd be the first to say it isn't easy, trust me!