NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bootcamp (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   shower situation (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4987)

CSSEsaw 01-22-2014 08:43 PM

shower situation

how do you get comfortable with you body to the point you dont care about showering with 80 men at a time?

Haasino 01-22-2014 08:53 PM

When I was there, hygiene was the only time our RDC's weren't directly supervising us and we were able to laugh and joke around... that makes it less awkward.

BubbaGumps64 01-22-2014 09:05 PM

I've been told that you don't get a lot of time for hygiene in boot camp, it's been referred to as a "car wash," you're in and out pretty quick. So you probably won't have a lot of time to worry about other people that are also showering.

But with the whole concept of being comfortable with your body is something you will have to personally deal with.

llamayamaa 01-22-2014 09:08 PM

I can't answer your question from a male's perspective, but from a female's:

It's hard at first but you'll get use to it. The first couple of showers are awkward, but you're in such a rush to get things taken care of that you hardly have time to notice the people around you. Also, you get so nasty at bootcamp that any opportunity to get cleaned up is welcomed. One thing I kept telling myself over and over again was, "just make yourself invisible and get it done." In bootcamp, everybody is stripped down and torn apart (mentally) so there is no place for cliques or bullies or high minded egos. Everyone is equal, no matter how tall, short, thin, or fat you are.

Something that might be worth pointing out- you'll never shower with your entire division. There are only so many shower heads so you'll be rotating in and out at a quick pace. I'd say about a dozen at a time?

LT Guppy 01-22-2014 09:09 PM

The first time you'll probably be too tired to care. After that, you're with these people 24/7, it's really not a big deal.

Like Haasino said, hygiene time is a welcome break, and a chance to actually talk and laugh.

(Another female perspective)

CSSEsaw 01-24-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy2010 (Post 40137)
The first time you'll probably be too tired to care. After that, you're with these people 24/7, it's really not a big deal.

Like Haasino said, hygiene time is a welcome break, and a chance to actually talk and laugh.

(Another female perspective)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaGumps64 (Post 40135)
I've been told that you don't get a lot of time for hygiene in boot camp, it's been referred to as a "car wash," you're in and out pretty quick. So you probably won't have a lot of time to worry about other people that are also showering.

But with the whole concept of being comfortable with your body is something you will have to personally deal with.

I have a new look on it ... you don't wanna be known as the guy that doesn't shower hahahaha!