NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   AO = AVIATION ORDNANCEMAN (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Any body needs info about AO rate (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6017)

SeanGl91 09-05-2014 01:05 PM

Any body needs info about AO rate

I'm currently in the fleet; I know when I was in DEP there was nobody on this site that was an AO that could answer my questions. I'm just trying help out my future sailors to have a better idea of what's going on.

Navy1013 09-06-2014 09:50 PM

I'm A-PACT. When I get to the fleet I'm looking into AO. Whats the deal with it?? Fun, Interesting,etc......

Rellik_2014 09-07-2014 11:45 PM

I leave October 9th for Boot and I was wonder how long is A-School?

SeanGl91 09-12-2014 03:44 AM

Navy1013- So far the AO rate is okay. There's a lot of things that will determine whether or not you will like it. For starters it depends what division your in, like G1,G2,G3,G4 or AIMD. I'm AIMD I work on bomb racks like BRU's . My job is cool cause I'm not doing a lot of physical labor but I fix/troubleshoot racks. But if your like G1 flight deck prepare to be always tired. It jus depends what they give by the end of A school they tell you what your most likely going to be doing at your next command. Remember your experience is what ever you make of it, sometimes you hope the navy gives you lemons but instead your greeted with a pile of shit. But most A pacts try to be an AO so you gotta work your ass off.

SeanGl91 09-12-2014 03:49 AM

It depends how long it takes to class up. Like I Arrived at Pensacola 23MAR14, I didn't class up until like May or June. But while your waiting to class you will be on barrack support (cleaning your Ship/living area). My advice if you don't like doing that join a working party. I know when I was there the AO working party was dope. What ever you do don't be a shit back and keep your boots shinny because you will look good. Also when they try to find people for watches they look at your boots and also if the ask if anybody outside just got their don't raise your because that's how they get you to volunteer for watch.

Rellik_2014 09-12-2014 11:11 AM

Thanks for the information and ill get to Pensacola around Christmas and I was wondering if ill be able to go home since its a holiday and if I haven't classed up let.

SeanGl91 09-12-2014 12:06 PM

It depends on your CO and how your MTI's feel

Navy1013 09-14-2014 07:10 AM

I just want to get in an interesting field. It seemed like AO would be. I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worse.

SeanGl91 09-14-2014 07:46 AM

It's pretty cool but ur gonna have to work your ass off

NavyGuyRob 09-20-2014 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Navy1013 (Post 48323)
I'm A-PACT. When I get to the fleet I'm looking into AO. Whats the deal with it?? Fun, Interesting,etc......

Hey, im in the fleet aswell and also an AO.. its the best, most tight nitted rate in the navy..but its not a piece of cake especially on deployment.. I am not ship base im in a squadron which means i actually load bombs to the aircraft.. Being an ao has many different level.. I personally love it but that is me.. As long as you are a hard worker you will be fine and you will love it...IYAOYAS

Just4Kixs 03-13-2015 07:22 PM

Does anyone know the lyrics to the AO cadence? I really like it!