NavyDEP

NavyDEP (http://www.navydep.com/forums/index.php)
-   Master-at-Arms B640 (http://www.navydep.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Soon to be MA (http://www.navydep.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4150)

freeto16 05-21-2013 08:38 PM

Soon to be MA

I ship out July 9th for bootcamp and my rate is MA. i'm very excited about that and just looking for some info and advice. Also I am in a group on facebook, its an MA group and see people talking about different orders and what not and was wondering what kind of different jobs there was as a MA and where are places I should try to go? I want jobs and places that will help me in the law enforcement field when I get out!

camfurr 05-24-2013 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeto16 (Post 31975)
I ship out July 9th for bootcamp and my rate is MA. i'm very excited about that and just looking for some info and advice. Also I am in a group on facebook, its an MA group and see people talking about different orders and what not and was wondering what kind of different jobs there was as a MA and where are places I should try to go? I want jobs and places that will help me in the law enforcement field when I get out!

If you want to do law enforcement, I would definitely select a billet with more MA responsibilities. Go to Europe if its offered to you, and if not, go to Bahrain. I promise you that they will have a lot of Bahrain billets. You may not enjoy it for the first couple of months, but getting an overseas tour out of the way is the way to go. And don't go PRP if you actually wanna do law enforcement type stuff. They will ask for volunteers, don't volunteer

F/S-MARodriguez 05-24-2013 12:18 PM

Don't go PRP if you want to enjoy your life for the next four years. As an FYI, you won't be doing law enforcement as a junior sailor, you'll be doing Anti-terrorism & force protection. You'll do some LE after about a year at your command when you can get patrolman qualifications.

freeto16 05-24-2013 10:33 PM

have you or do you know anyone who has been stationed in Bahrain? howd they like it and whats it like being stationed overseas? how long would I be gone for would it depend on my orders or what?

F/S-MARodriguez 05-25-2013 03:10 PM

I never have been but can't think of a better place to go on your first tour. If you're afraid that it's dangerous over there, don't be, Bahrain is not where people go to die. You'll make a ****-ton of money there too.

wdpballer 05-25-2013 03:49 PM

wish i can be an MA :(

prop827 05-25-2013 03:56 PM

Welcome Aboard! Congrats on the rate!
:auto:

johnplisac32 05-25-2013 04:19 PM

congrats and welcome

Luckiethirteen 06-02-2013 10:57 PM

My husband went to Bahrain for a year on an IA billet. (He is an MA2) If you have any questions just either private message me or write on here and I'll have him answer them!

sporkhey 06-03-2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeto16 (Post 31975)

well if you want law enforcement when you get out, dont become a corrections officer. its boring. you wont be excited to go to work every day